iPad holder for solo controller

Reaction score
I came across this iPad holder on Amazon and thought I'd share it. It's called the lazy man desktop iPad holder and it easily adapted to solos controller. Just pop off the plastic plate that grasps the plastic ball on both controller and lazy man iPad holder and swap. Not sure if solos controller can handle the weight of the iPad in the long run but for now it works. I have pix of holder mounted but can't upload it to this tread. File to big. Hope this helps someone

image.jpg

Reactions: LRodVa and TheeRod
Thanks Scott, just found your thread and thought I'd share my solution... I decided to attach my Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 (or iPad) instead of my Galaxy phone or iPad Mini. I had already purchased two types of mount: a desktop stand like yours and a car CD holder version, both around £7 on eBay. I found the desktop version easy to swap over as you describe, but a little too high, unbalanced and tending to push the ball-joint to its vertical limit because the ball arm is straight. So I adapted the CD holder mount, which involved reworking the ball arm fixing and including an M3 bolt, so that I can use the existing 3DR 'lock-nut' and now have a better balanced solution that sits neatly over the back of the controller, partly because of the curved ball arm. This will also hold my iPad, but it's heavier. See photos ...
SGTS297-Solo-holder-20151213-2.jpg SGTS297-Solo-holder-20151213-3.jpg SGTS297-Solo-holder-20151213-1.jpg
Of course the downside of my solution is that you have to spend time adapting something first. It would be good if 3DR could recognize that the ability to use larger tablets would be welcomed, especially by those like me whose eyesight is no longer 20-20. A simple optional (and inexpensive) product, preferably with a curved/angled/offset ball arm, would do the trick. I look forward to it.:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado