iOS 2.2 hides itself on iPad Mini 4

Reaction score
On my iPad Mini 4 (iOS 9.2.1, which is the current version) with 40GB of free memory and no other apps running, Solo app version 2.2 often disappears from the screen for no reason, showing the main iOS page of icons. It happens whenever I land Solo, and it always takes several attempts (sometimes a dozen or more) to run it just to get it to show the Solo app. But then if I do anything else, and try to return to the Solo app screen, it disappears again, even though it's still running in the background.

Is this a known bug in Solo 2.2 for iOS, or is something wrong with my iPad?

In case it matters, here's my Solo System Info:
App - 2.2.0
Solo - 2.1.0
Autopilot - 1.2.23
Gimbal - 1.3.4
Controller - 2.1.0
Controller Firmware - 1.2.8

Thanks in advance!

Placement of Icon of an App on a screen is not depending on the App, it will depend on the hardware. So I guess it is the iPad choice :)

I'm not talking about the placement of the app's icon, which is user-settable in iOS. I'm saying that the app itself doesn't appear onscreen at all when run until it's run multiple times, and it refuses to reappear when any other task is brought to the foreground, and it hides itself at random times such as when Solo is landed.

The obvious solution is to uninstall it and reinstall... but I'm afraid that doing that will delete all my saved MPCC waypoints.

Ohhh my apology. I misundertood.

Well for my iPad Air 2, I do not update its iOS until I am confident it is stable or I don't even care to update as long my Apps works.
I am still on 8.12 , but I don't use iPad with my Solo.

My experience so far with iPad, it is best to re-install some apps which maybe effected by the OS update, whenever I do OS update.
Starting from iOS8 me don't like it, too much baddies then the goodies I get. I have like 4 other older iPad, one already kapoot.

If so far Solo Apps been good and this only occurs when u update the iOS, then re-installation of Solo Apps maybe the best bet.
Apps and OS is love hate relationship,sometime. Its like playing catching up ...LOL.

Very much like PC OS, I am still on Windows 7 Professional and refused to go any higher as I value all my working programs which many are very expensive or super useful.

Had the same problem with mi iPhone 5s yesterday, deleted app and re- installed app, alls well again so guess there is a glitch in the software.
Take it easy

First try power cycling your iPad.
Second try uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

First try power cycling your iPad.
Second try uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

After power cycling had no effect, I uninstalled and reinstalled the Solo app... and BLAMMO, all my MPCC saved flights are gone! DANG NAB IT! :(

Saved MPCC flights on the iOS Solo app cannot be exported as a file, but they are automatically deleted when the app is uninstalled. And there is no way to re-install an app (to fix a bad installation) without uninstalling it first. Bottom line: If you EVER have a bad installation, kiss all your saved flights goodbye! Is this an idiotic design flaw of the Solo app, or of iOS itself? My guess is the latter, since it seems that deleting ANY app also deletes that app's data without any option to save it. If I'm wrong, I'd be delighted to be corrected.

After power cycling had no effect, I uninstalled and reinstalled the Solo app... and BLAMMO, all my MPCC saved flights are gone! DANG NAB IT! :(

Saved MPCC flights on the iOS Solo app cannot be exported as a file, but they are automatically deleted when the app is uninstalled. And there is no way to re-install an app (to fix a bad installation) without uninstalling it first. Bottom line: If you EVER have a bad installation, kiss all your saved flights goodbye! Is this an idiotic design flaw of the Solo app, or of iOS itself? My guess is the latter, since it seems that deleting ANY app also deletes that app's data without any option to save it. If I'm wrong, I'd be delighted to be corrected.
Bummer. A very important warning.

As to whether it's an "idiotic" design flaw in iOS or the Solo app, I would say niether. Its more a missing feature than a flaw. To enable the app (on the iOS side) to save and restore cable cams, they would need to implement a cloud storage solution. It would be a great feature to have, but require quite a bit of development work, and 3DR would need to set up a secure cloud hosting environment. I'm fine with them not doing that and getting the app out the door sooner than later. On the Android side, it would be possible to implement without a cloud hosted solution because we have more access to the file system.

Joe,
So did Solo apps start do act up like that after you update iOS ?

Joe,
So did Solo apps start do act up like that after you update iOS ?

I'm pretty sure that's when the trouble started, but it MIGHT have been due to a faulty installation of the Solo app version 2.2. In any case it seems to be stable now, after deleting it and reinstalling it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44