I'm considering Solo purchase, B&H $199...

absolutely. you know amazon will stand behind anything you purchase from them/ they almost always stand behind the purchaser.
But as redjr said- you’ll want to protect your gimbal- so I would start with a very inexpensive set of leg extenders. I choose a set that folds up, that way I didn’t have to keep taking them off to fit Solo in its case. It just adds a little additional clearance between gimbal and the ground. And practice with Solo a bit without the gimbal, one less thing to distract you while you are learning Solo’s functions and behaviors.
Agreed. Amazon is the king of returns and customer service. However, B&H took back a Solo battery a few weeks back I had purchased and that was a painless process too. I've since found eBay to be a reliable source of batteries too and slightly better prices. I'm trying to 'mix-it-up where I purchase them, so I don't get all of them from the same manufacturing batch. So far all 6 hold a charge and work fine. Batteries in time will unfortunately end our Solo fun, unless someone takes on the task of producing a new battery. Let's face it, no manufacturer will take on designing products for a discontinued quad. It's a dead-end street. We're left to the small enthusiasts and software developers to improve the Solo and keep them flying. But in the end, technology will change and improve, and we'll move on from our beloved Solos. So, buy lots of batteries now while the prices are around $40/each. :)

If you use paypal to purchase anything they have buyer protection.

I have read that article and was very happy. I wanted to buy 3DR Solo especially as a B&H deal. I wanted it until now. But I have changed my mind after this Forum. The main reasons: 3DR Solo is closed in the main aspects: custom 3DR WiFi control, telemetry, and video streaming technology, the “Artoo” controller and the “Shot Manager” mission control stack that runs on the onboard Linux processor, gimbal and even its Battery. All! If you want to use the last version firmware of GoPro or Ardupilot you will loose full remote control under your cam (only ver. 3 allow it) and the native Solo's features. The perspectives of such "crack open" project are so clear and good. This is only a marketing "hack" to sell unsaleable goods. Bye, bye Mr. Anderson!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Don’t let the door hit ya, where the good lord split ya. Everybody has an opinion; and you are entitled to yours. But for someone who may have a gopro lying around...for a couple hundred bucks- you can make your gopro fly.

And since you joined the forum today... maybe try not wearing out that welcome.

Reactions: brianuc4
I have read that article and was very happy. I wanted to buy 3DR Solo especially as a B&H deal. I wanted it until now. But I have changed my mind after this Forum.

So you create a profile today to come on here and post this? If you don't want to buy a Solo that's your choice, but I don't think you need to come on here and try to convince us to jump on your bandwagon.

Solo advice from someone who has never owned one? yeah. no thanks. I’m impressed with Solo every time I take it out- the additional technical advances that have been created for Solo ( open solo, green cube, HERE etc....) it just keeps getting better and better!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea