I'm Cheering for Solo

Reaction score
New Solo owner here. Been lurking for a few weeks. I have an Inspire and a P3P and have been very happy with them yet I dropped $1k on a Solo. Why?

I'm hopeful that 3dr can succeed and therefore create some competition.

So with all the promise of the 3dr software and an interesting product, I took the bait and am hoping for the best. 3dr is all promise right now, they still have to meet all of the expectations that they have built up with lots of words. Time will tell.

So far my only disappointment is the controller. It feels toy like compared to the P3 or Inspire. I do like the built-in LCD display though that's a win. And I like the menu structure of the App. So there are some positives. If Solo eventually lives up to the promises and 3dr stands behind it long-term then we should have a winner here. Haven't flown yet been raining non stop. Not in a hurry anyway.

Reactions: Raybro and rrmccabe
John I never really could figure out if I liked the Solo controller or not. The P3/Inspire does feel better as you said. The thing that I really missed on the Solo controller is the two buttons on the bottom that the P3 has. Those are awesome.

Last edited:
I'm with ya brother...
They had some missteps with preorders and now we're waiting for a gimbal but they have been pretty good at communicating with us about that. They're providing good support and communication about the software and firmware updatesas well. They've been pretty open about things which is good.

Last edited:
I like the controller. I think the Solo controller's ergonomics are very nice. The DJI radios have always felt a bit funny to me compared to my other RC transmitters (for fixed wings). I'd love it if Spektrum and the other leading RC transmitter makers would follow Solo's lead and get rid of all the damned toggle switches that are too easy to accidently hit and engage.

Reactions: Raybro
I like the controller. I think the Solo controller's ergonomics are very nice. The DJI radios have always felt a bit funny to me compared to my other RC transmitters (for fixed wings). I'd love it if Spektrum and the other leading RC transmitter makers would follow Solo's lead and get rid of all the damned toggle switches that are too easy to accidently hit and engage.

Have you used a I1 or P3 radio? It feells very well in hand and the precision od the sticks for me its in pair with an Taranis gimbal sticks, very precise and nice. Its a very professional radio for a RTF.

Have you used a I1 or P3 radio? It feells very well in hand and the precision od the sticks for me its in pair with an Taranis gimbal sticks, very precise and nice. Its a very professional radio for a RTF.

Thats nice. :) Again, we have individual opinions. Both are valid.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig