I crashed my Solo into the Pacific Ocean

Glad you Liked it! I had no idea that they were talking until I watched the video later.

You're killing me with this video! I was originally assuming you must have flown some incredible distance and just miscalculated battery power causing Solo to drop epically from the sky like Daedalus or something. But, I guess you were actually just hovering 6 inches over the water (doing who knows what) a few feet from shore and touched wrong stick? Even if that is what happened, I still say you are very creative and did one heckuva job on this video. That your kids knew when to roll tape to capture key scene is testament to their teacher!

You're killing me with this video! I was originally assuming you must have flown some incredible distance and just miscalculated battery power causing Solo to drop epically from the sky like Daedalus or something. But, I guess you were actually just hovering 6 inches over the water (doing who knows what) a few feet from shore and touched wrong stick? Even if that is what happened, I still say you are very creative and did one heckuva job on this video. That your kids knew when to roll tape to capture key scene is testament to their teacher!
Exactly what happened, Wife started rolling video and handed it off.

what a bummer, sometimes we know better but do it anyways...love your vids and i hope you got a backup or 2..??

Reactions: TheBasicPilot
Wow that hurts!
Sorry for your loss, but very touching eulogy. (and video)

But at least you found Solo!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

*I remember!.... left stick, right stick... aw crap, we've all done it!!!

Seriously sorry about your mishap.:(

BTW, thanks for all your videos!

Reactions: TheBasicPilot
Sorry for your loss. I must say, though, you made it kind of enjoyable to watch someone else's misery. The fact that your family was present, and filmed the search and find, made it even better. It was a nice way of showing something that was not so fun. The memorial at the end, with the cross floating away, was a very fitting ending. I can't wait for your next one showing the birth of a new bird.......;) Thanks for sharing your loss:(.

great video for a crappy story

BTW, Rice is a myth
to shorten a long story, Rice dries water (very poorly)
water doesn't cause damage to electronics, the minerals do..
so you dry the water with rice (again... very slowly...) and the minerals stay behind, it's those minerals that damage everything.
Water doesn't even conduct electricity, only the impurities conduct
you can rinse the damaged board in distilled water, then 99% Alcohol with a toothbrush, and many electronics can be brought back to life that way.
but... Ocean water is MUCH harder to recover from, as salt is an excellent conductor (hence the smoking motor)

BTW, Rice is a myth
so you dry the water with rice (again... very slowly...) and the minerals stay behind, it's those minerals that damage everything.
you can rinse the damaged board in distilled water, then 99% Alcohol with a toothbrush, and many electronics can be brought back to life that way.
but... Ocean water is MUCH harder to recover from, as salt is an excellent conductor (hence the smoking motor)
You didn't like the story?

the TELLING of the story was fantastic!

the story is crappy!

I'm sorry for your loss. That's the same song we played at my finance's funeral. It's a truly beautiful song.

Basic Pilot ...OOT a bit
Your house is so close to the sea, if storm build up and winds like 25 knots, your house will get wet yes ?

BTW, Rice is a myth

Have to agree with hefe here. Last summer I took my brand new phone swimming with me while on vacation on the Caribbean ocean. I was able to find a small screwdriver, opened the phone and saw how much salt build up was inside. Rice was not going to help with that. Found me some distilled water at the grocery store and alcohol. After taking all the components out and washing it then I put the components in rice. Two days later l had a working phone.

nice!!
congrats on your success!

Water damage is one of the more difficult things we do here, but it's also one of the most rewarding when we recover someone's cherished pictures.

there were some tests done recently, that showed that water dries MUCH faster just sitting on the counter than in rice!

but again... drying the water is NOT the fix!!

Great video! You have deeply moved and inspired me to do a Gulf Of Mexico Memorial for my solo! It has of date not landed in the deep green Gulf though it is only a matter of time as I fly next to it often and the temptation to do a very low over the water video pulls at me hard. The only plus I can see to my eventual Solo demise would be that as you can see from the video of this beach home I have helped build over the years (long term project) is that there are no rocks to hinder my path as I leap flailing and in anguish to the hungry Gulf, searching for my soon to be doomed quad.
Thank you Basic Pilot, yours truly,
Soon To Be Soaked Pilot.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo