HPRC Solo case from BHP - NOW WITH PHOTOS!

Reaction score
Got shipping confirmation from BHP that the HPRC Case for the Solo was shipped. UPS shows I should have it by Wednesday! Stay tuned..

BTW, I already have the backpack and like it more than I thought I would but I also needed a hard case I can leave in the trunk. I wasn't impressed with the GPC hard case so hoping the HPRC works out for me.

keep us posted, Just got my GPC hard case and was looking into the HPRC case as well.

OK so I finally got the HPRC case in and test fitted all my stuff. This case is AWESOME! I'll post some pics when I get home tonight. But first impressions:
1. Case is built like a tank. I'm certain it can stand up to the abuses that it would face as checked in luggage on a flight.
2. It also has huge comfortable grab handles on 3 sides so its comfortable to carry.
3. The hinges seem to be spring loaded so it stays open even on an incline. And when closing, after a certain point it kind of springs closed with a solid feeling.
4. The wheels roll freely but very smoothly.
5. It has 4 clasps to close it. They feel really smooth and easy to operate but hold very tightly.
6. It has 2 holes for security locks.
7. The cut out towards the front of the case is perfectly sized to be able to hold the boxes for extra propellers so they aren't rolling around inside.
8. The area under the rear of Solo is empty so you can place misc accy under that. I have my Alfa antennas under it.
9. My FPVLR easily sits above Solo and the the top foam layer in the lid holds it in place from rattling.

Things I don't like so much:
1. The cut out for tablets is made for a 10" tablet like an iPad. I use an iPad mini 3 with a spigen cover because that is all the Solo controller can accommodate. So my iPad mini tends to slip to far down and is then a little hard to remove.
2. The pull out handle to roll the case feels cheaper than the rest of the case. Its not a bad handle; just doesn't seem that as much attention was paid to it as the case itself.

Like I said, I'll post a lot of pictures of it tonight along side the the Solo backpack for comparison.
If you guys need any specific angles or have any questions, feel free to ask!

Reactions: TheeRod
Thank You, very nice pictures and very nice case.

OK so I finally got the HPRC case in and test fitted all my stuff. This case is AWESOME! I'll post some pics when I get home tonight. But first impressions:
1. Case is built like a tank. I'm certain it can stand up to the abuses that it would face as checked in luggage on a flight.
. . .
Like I said, I'll post a lot of pictures of it tonight along side the the Solo backpack for comparison.
If you guys need any specific angles or have any questions, feel free to ask!

Seriously, would you actually check this as luggage on a flight ? I've had stupid stuff stolen from my luggage on more than one occasion, and know people who have accidentally left cameras or phones in their bags never to be seen again. I think if you checked it you would never see it again... Maybe there is some process or procedure to make this happen that I'm not aware of ?

Reactions: GNTLMN_Z
Seriously, would you actually check this as luggage on a flight ? I've had stupid stuff stolen from my luggage on more than one occasion, and know people who have accidentally left cameras or phones in their bags never to be seen again. I think if you checked it you would never see it again... Maybe there is some process or procedure to make this happen that I'm not aware of ?
I've been on countless flights over the years; both international and domestic, and I've never had my checked or carry on baggage lost or stolen (hope it stays that way). The few times family or friends have had their baggage lost, the airline has found it within about a week or so. I also know that most airlines will reimburse you if they lose your baggage. That being said, I would always take my Solo with me in the backpack as carry on. I was just speaking to how tough and sturdy the case truely is! I plan on just leaving the HPRC in my trunk so I always have Solo with me.

OK - that case would be great for the trunk. I might have to get one...

I carry about $6K of DSLR, lenses, etc., in a backpack when I fly - no way I would ever check it...

It appears that airline baggage handlers and TSA agents have a license to steal...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado