How do i have gopro automatically turn on when solo powers up

Reaction score
i have the latest update and using an android tablet. thanks in advance

My Hero 3+ Black used to power up and power down with Solo, but that stopped since the last update.

I'm hoping today's software update returns that feature....just waiting for the iOS update to show up.

just updated to the latest firmware. i have a hero 4 silver. is a gopro update needed?

GoPro won't supply the update for the 3+ Black to continue the auto on function. We will just have to power it on manually. The Hero 4 cameras will power on with Solo.

First post here: I didn't want to create a new thread when this fit well.

I received my Solo last week. Worked great for about 4 flights. I updated my GoPro firmware and it quit turning on when the 3DR Solo is turned on. I can't find a setting to re-enable this feature. Is it something that was disabled by the firmware update? I have a Hero4 Black

I am also having another issue I think is unrelated. After turning my Solo controller off, the LEDs inside that are visible through the back stay on and the wifi network is still visible and connected to my android device. Pulling the battery fixes this. Now I cannot get the controller to work worth a crap and I am going to request a replacement from 3DR. I think it's separate and unrelated.

First post here: I didn't want to create a new thread when this fit well.

I received my Solo last week. Worked great for about 4 flights. I updated my GoPro firmware and it quit turning on when the 3DR Solo is turned on. I can't find a setting to re-enable this feature. Is it something that was disabled by the firmware update? I have a Hero4 Black
Yes, the GP v4 firmware update broke a few things, and there are no known plans to fix them (gopro has to do it). Namely what you mentioned about not turning the GP on any longer when Solo powers on. Another is when recording in 2.7k or 4k, the video display on your device zooms in a bit making it harder to frame the shot because what you are seeing isn't the whole picture of what the camera is seeing. This doesn't affect the recordings on the gopro sdcard - only the live feed you get to the phone/tablet. Here's quite a long thread discussing it. I believe there are also links to roll the gopro firmware back to v3 if one wishes. GoPro HERO4 Black/Silver update v4.0

fantastic. Thanks for the info! I was struggling to find something specific.

Lake Oswego.... I'm in Albany. Any good places to fly around here?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Granny