How can I turn off the gps? and fly full manual with out any gps lock.

Reaction score
I wish to fly indoors inside an arena or stadium where there is no satellite access. Can this be done and how?
I can fly quite well on full speed settings, but I want to fly without any GPS limitations or interference.
I like all the presets, that's why I bought a solo but I don't need them and don't want the software to dictate when and where I can fly. Is it possible to fly naked, as it were?

Be careful!!

But you can fly without GPS in 'Fly Manual' or 'Fly Stabilize' modes.

In Stabilize the throttle works differently.

Practice outside first.

You can assign button A to 'Fly Manual' and button B to 'Stabilze' mode. This way you can try normal flight with GPS (press your FLY button), or fly without GPS (press A), or Stabilize, Press B.

Reactions: DodgeP
What does FULL SPEED settings mean? Rabbit Mode using GPS is very different from rabbit mode using Stabilize or Manual.

We never really answered your question but here's how..

Go into the App
Settings
Enable Advanced Flight Modes
Assign your A and B buttons to Fly Manual and/or Stablize

Rabbit with GPS. What is the fastest mode? Sport?
Anyway I found the manual settings and did just what Rich said and worked like a charm!
I just went to the park down the street and man is it fast on manual! I love it even more now.
Very fast and very agile. Thanks!

with GPS the flight speed is 33mph, which is fast... i assume the advance mode will get you to 55, which is crazy fast.

holy... 55mph? anyone have a video of that, that is fast as hell o_O

what will the speed be in turtle mode in manual flight?
will it be faster than in GPS mode

Dirby I dont know but its similar to GPS. Fast rocks out pretty good. Little tail wind and it will fly 75 or 80. I have been low to mid 70s with slight wind.

your "new updated manual" is not always clear....

7.1.2 Stabilize

Stabilize mode provides full manual control without autopilot assistance. In stabilize, the autopilot regulates Solo’s roll and pitch angles so that Solo returns to level when you release the right stick. The throttle stick controls power and acceleration directly; it does not correspond to altitude. Stabilize requires fine-tuned control of both the left and right sticks to fly Solo. Stabilize does not require GPS lock.

I vote for manual mode as it looks to be the easiest to use with out gps

your "new updated manual" is not always clear....

7.1.2 Stabilize

Stabilize mode provides full manual control without autopilot assistance. In stabilize, the autopilot regulates Solo’s roll and pitch angles so that Solo returns to level when you release the right stick. The throttle stick controls power and acceleration directly; it does not correspond to altitude. Stabilize requires fine-tuned control of both the left and right sticks to fly Solo. Stabilize does not require GPS lock.

I vote for manual mode as it looks to be the easiest to use with out gps
It is clear if you remember that when they refer to 'autopilot' they are referring to the Pixhawk II controller, not Autopilot as in GPS controlled hover. Stabilize will help you to maintain level ATTITUDE when you let go of the stick, but you must regulate altitude with the left stick acting like a throttle; up will increase power and RPM, down less power/RPM. Manual mode, the Pixhawk will help to maintain altitude where you are if the left stick is centered. Moving the left stick tells the Pixhawk you want to increase the altitude it is holding, or left stick down to descend to a lower altitude.

Sorry guess you missed it. First line says no autopilot, second line says autopilot regulates roll and pitch.... Or could just be me

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc