Holder for a 10" tablet?

Reaction score
I'd like to use my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10, and I thought I saw a link here for a holder we can use on the Solo controller that fits a larger tablet. I want something sturdier than the modified stock holder.

Anyone?

Yes, I saw that mod, good idea. I was hoping for something a bit more stable?

IMG_0744.JPG
I installed this on mine and was able to mount a 10in on there, probably room for a larger one too because the mount is pretty universal. Very simple install and an affordable mount.

Here's the link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-HEADRES...t=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item5d4da6cf75

I will post more pics once I get home. Unfortunately, my iPad and Asus Tablet isn't compatible with the Solo, as I checked with the 3dr website.

20150709_110454.jpg
Removed stock holder

20150709_110520.jpg
Removed tablet holder from car mount

20150709_110644.jpg
Attached tablet holder using easy-click tabs on Solo Remote mount
The mount is adjustable and is very sturdy. Just need to tighten the joint for something heavier than a phone.

Thanks! I just ordered the mount - exactly what I was looking for!

View attachment 264
I installed this on mine and was able to mount a 10in on there, probably room for a larger one too because the mount is pretty universal. Very simple install and an affordable mount.

I will post more pics once I get home. Unfortunately, my iPad and Asus Tablet isn't compatible with the Solo, as I checked with the 3dr website.

Thanks for sharing!

It looks like many of the larger tablets aren't officially compatable with the Solo app, but it is possible to load it anyway if you use the Beta version.

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.o3dr.solo.android.beta

"When you have a beta version of the app on your phone, there is no guarantee that it will function as described in our spec. That said, we'll try hard to fix any issues you have."

Thanks for sharing!

It looks like many of the larger tablets aren't officially compatable with the Solo app, but it is possible to load it anyway if you use the Beta version.

"When you have a beta version of the app on your phone, there is no guarantee that it will function as described in our spec. That said, we'll try hard to fix any issues you have."

Thanks for the suggestion, however the link doesn't work. :(

For now, I guess its wishful thinking that they unlock it for every device out there...

Thanks for sharing!

The link you have doesn't work for me. I will be using a Samsung Tab S 10.5 which I believe is listed as compatible. I've used it for updating the Solo, but not for flying yet.

Thanks for the suggestion, however the link doesn't work. :(

Ok, here's how to get the Solo for any tablet.

Send an email to [email protected] and let them know you want to be part of the beta testing program so you can download the Solo app to your tablet. Phu Nygun is the owner of the beta group, and he should reply and give you access.

Let me know if that doesn't work.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Ok, here's how to get the Solo for any tablet.

Send an email to [email protected] and let them know you want to be part of the beta testing program so you can download the Solo app to your tablet. Phu Nygun is the owner of the beta group, and he should reply and give you access.

Let me know if that doesn't work.
Thanks gonna do that, keep you posted!

[Edit] wow so Phu got back to me super quick! Gave me the community in which to join and download the beta ver.

Thanks DD!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig