help with flight log analysis

Reaction score
any insights greatly appreciated. ill include a link to the video footage as well.

the bin file (i hope)
18-05-13_22-01-04.bin

onboard video;
GOPR0001 (convert-video-online.com).mp4

as soon as i left the ground i knew i was in trouble. but no matter how hard i tried to bring her back she just kept going further and further away. i lost gps and RTL . i thought for sure it was going to be goodbye to a brand new gimbal , a go pro and a solo. at 4000 ft away i lost los . like i said i did everything i could watching the numbers trying to bring her back at least over land, but no response. then the miracle happened . RTL initiated . thank god i had a new battery onboard, most o f my others lose power very quickly once they get below 40%. i dont know if it makes any difference but in an effort to conserve as much battery as i could, i stopped recording which i why you dont see the landing. is that a good move when battery is running low?

Last edited:
upload the .bin file to gdrive and make it public and share the link here

Yikes! I'm a dumb ass so no help from me. I can put up the logs in MP but have no clue what I'm looking at. Just posting to follow the thread. You must have been crapping your pants! So awesome you got her back.

Duh, just realized I can "watch" the thread. Yep, dumbass.

I'm new to mp but i hope this helps
the hdop values stay pretty consistent except at the beginning, where you probably lost gps
# of sats drops from your avg 15 to 6 at the beginning
what type of gps do you have?

Attachments

• hdop values.PNG
    hdop values.PNG
    12 KB · Views: 10
  • sat values.PNG
    sat values.PNG
    18.1 KB · Views: 10

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics