Hello from San Jose!

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

So, had been toying with the idea of getting a drone to play around with aerial photography and video for a while and the 3DR Solo was on my list right behind the Mavic Pro. Unfortunately, the Mavic Pro is $1k and not readily available so here I am. The proud new owner of a Solo thanks to Best Buy's amazing Thanksgiving sale. End of the day, I paid $158 out of pocket for a Solo, extra battery, gimble, and extra props. Excited to dive in and get to flying this weekend!

How in the world did you swing that deal?

I had a PS4 and Xbox 360 laying around that I haven't touched in 2+ years and an xbox one so I traded those in for store credit and got super lucky at the same Best Buy near me because they had their Black Friday price still on the sign next to the display ($349.99), so I picked up their online special (Solo+Gimble+Battery+Props) which is currently listed at $399 and had them match the price on display. (It took just a little bit of negotiation)

So walked out with less clutter in my Apartment and only ~$150 out of pocket.

Welcome! That's a great price- where do you call home?

I'm in San Jose, Ca now, but tend to travel a bunch. Actually heading out on a road trip down to Louisiana through the South West US a week from Saturday/Sunday. I noticed you're in Phoenix, do you have any recommendations on places to fly in Arizona? I'll be passing through and I'm planning on stopping along my way to fly and capture some aerial photography/video.

I'm in San Jose, Ca now, but tend to travel a bunch. Actually heading out on a road trip down to Louisiana through the South West US a week from Saturday/Sunday. I noticed you're in Phoenix, do you have any recommendations on places to fly in Arizona? I'll be passing through and I'm planning on stopping along my way to fly and capture some aerial photography/video.
I think Sedona would be a good place. I've been planning on going myself but haven't made it yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig