HDMI repair on gimbal?

Reaction score
Has anyone found a source to repair a separated HDMI cable port on th gimbal board?

I have done the repair and have had moderate success, I only do my own work. There is another guy here that has offered a service, but he seems pre-occupied with his day job... @just_bruce

If you can snap an in-focus picture of the hdmi solder pads or what's left would be helpful. If the solder pads are ripped, then a repair is less likely. Also has the gimbal been in a crash, if so that adds to the issues...for the possibility of repair.

Other option is to get a hold of a bent gimbal with a good top board and do a swap. But even that swap comes with risks. Most first timers rip the ribbon cables or connectors, it's a tedious process releasing the ribbons.

Reactions: Saijin_Naib
I have done the repair and have had moderate success, I only do my own work. There is another guy here that has offered a service, but he seems pre-occupied with his day job... @just_bruce

If you can snap an in-focus picture of the hdmi solder pads or what's left would be helpful. If the solder pads are ripped, then a repair is less likely. Also has the gimbal been in a crash, if so that adds to the issues...for the possibility of repair.

Other option is to get a hold of a bent gimbal with a good top board and do a swap. But even that swap comes with risks. Most first timers rip the ribbon cables or connectors, it's a tedious process releasing the ribbons.
Thank you for the response! The gimbal itself was not hit. The Solo went wackadoo and hit hard from 5 feet above ground on pavement. Then flipped. It works great still. No video feed now due to the connector came off the board. I currently have 4 complete setups and I have been sitting on this gimbal for months. Took it to a local guy and he said it could be done but not by him.

Here is the thread I posted regarding the hdmi connector's replacement. I have found the correct hdmi connector at this point, not sure I updated the thread to the new part number yet, will confirm this evening. The original connector I used in the thread required mod'ing to make compatible...

https://3drpilots.com/posts/56375/

Has anyone found a source to repair a separated HDMI cable port on th gimbal board?
3/27,
Since you need to repair your HDMI cable, you want to consider this alternative instead. Fixes a lot of known problems with the existing stiff cable and gimbal smoothness. These products are first rate. Works as directed and not that hard to install.

I do micro SMD work from time to time- if the traces on the board or damaged you'd be out of luck unless you can repath the traces to the endpoints of the pinout.

(sometimes it pays to trash something just to fix it)

I have the same issue with my gimbal board ... Great write up! .. Just ordered my connectors and give it a try on my end as well ..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo