Having the Balls to to Repair Gimbal

Reaction score
I have to reconnect my HDMI jack on the gimbal board
and wanted to know where I might find how to remove the flex ribbon cables from the board to remove the control board entirely for clearance- is there detailed information
I don't know if I'm putting in the correct search criteria
I disqualified for the RED BULL ACRO TEAM :(

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-27 at 10.51.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-27 at 10.51.18 PM.png
    258.9 KB · Views: 81
The hardest thing is removing the glue without damaging the cable, after you remove the glue it's just lifting the locking tab and it should come out.

Reactions: CAMXPOSURE
The hardest thing is removing the glue without damaging the cable, after you remove the glue it's just lifting the locking tab and it should come out.

And the next hardest part is getting the cable back in...which I wasn't able to do when I tried.

So it was just glue as I suspected -

AND WHO WAS THE SLIME BALL THAT OUTBID ME ON A SET OF 3 GIMBALS IN NEED OF REPAIRS???

IMG_4387.jpg

Until the last bid it was me. Someone else jumped in at that point. That's how ebay works my friend.

I recommend a scalpel (or equivalent hobby knife). Place it flat along the cable, then kind of back and forth saw towards the connector, lifting the silicone with a set of Hemostats or locking tweezers. One must be extremely aware of the feel of cutting silicone so as not to cut the ribbon or anything else. Keep lifting on the cut portion with the hemostats as you cut and the lock tab should eventually pop up.

Might take two or three passes. Take your time. If you cleanly sever and remove the silicone goop then reinsertion of the ribbon is much easier. A pair of locking tweezers or hemos is recommended for that as well .

Thanks - have all the tools - but gonna take my time and patience - don’t have the same dexterity as I use to so the calmer I am the better
Any further help appreciated-
I may try to put together a video to help others if I’m patient enough for that- might as well make this worth the while
Better than damn iPhones that’s for sure

Geez, I remember when I bought three gimbals at Best Buy for that price. Ah the good old days!

Reactions: Wetstone
I ended up finding more - at a better price - hit or miss as to condition but just do what I can
- Chowder is on-

One of these days, I'll probably sell them. I destroyed the one that came with my last Solo trying to mod it to work with a Hero 5. I got it to work for 1 1/2 flights. No camera control of course but I had my Remo remote. I thought I had it but *poof* and that was that!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks