Having great difficulty

Reaction score
Desperately need help with the software update. I download the update to my tablet. It then asks to connect to the controller. When I change my wifi connection to the solo controller, it goes back to the download update screen. Tried now 10 times and still in the same loop. I am running the controller on the ac adapter. I follow the instructions over and over. Uninstalled the software, reinstalled, still the same. I am using an LG tablet.

Desperately need help with the software update. I download the update to my tablet. It then asks to connect to the controller. When I change my wifi connection to the solo controller, it goes back to the download update screen. Tried now 10 times and still in the same loop. I am running the controller on the ac adapter. I follow the instructions over and over. Uninstalled the software, reinstalled, still the same. I am using an LG tablet.
No need to run the controller on AC - your battery should be charged now after 10 times. ;)

IF you are giving the app time to work through all its screens, shutting off controller, then eventually getting a green checkmark - but none of that happens, you might try uninstalling and reinstalling the Solo app.

Everything should be fairly transparent as it leads you through the screens on your device and controller. Just take your time.

ETA: Is the Solo on through all this?

I have uninstalled an reinstalled the app. I get the green check. When I attach the tablet to the wifi of the controller, it goes back to download the update again. I did the ac after reading suggestions on here. Yes, the Solo is turned on and I see it is connected according to the app.

Really dumb, but what system info do you need and where is it located. I feel really dumb on this. I build computers but I can't get a handle on this

The app is 2.4.0. All others are 0.0 because I cannot get by the preflight update
Android is 5.0.2

are you letting solo finish updating?
the lights will o different colors, the solo will cut off and then reboot

if that does not work.
remove the app from your device
pull the controller battery and solo battery for 60 seconds
reboot everything and down load the app and try to do the update again.
be patient.
grab a snack or drink, it can take 15 minutes or more
just let it work its magic

if that fails chat with support on Monday for a walk through

Reactions: SARDG
When I go to try and update, the app goes back to the download screen for 2.4.2 again

That is my plan. Really a sleek looking craft. I never would have purchased it, but the deal Best Buy had, it was too hard to turn down. Thanks for all the help

So connect to your home wifi and download the upgrades 1st
then switch back to your solo wifi
go to update and it should start

Did that multiple times, when I switch back to the solo wifi, the download message is there again

So connect to your home wifi and download the upgrades 1st
then switch back to your solo wifi
go to update and it should start
:confused: ...as you know pyrate, the app (and controller screen) pretty much leads one through that - if you let it.

that is true if you let it
was sounding to me like he was not letting it finish
Indeed I did let it download completely. I was prompted to connect to the solo wifi. When I connected, upon return I was prompted to download the update again. I am more tech savvy then you give me credit

UPDATE: I was with 3DR tech support for an hour. Appears my LG G tab may have compatibility issues with the latest android version. I will be trying SWMBO's (she who must be obeyed) Samsung phone to see if it works. All the devices in my house and these two are the only "compatible" If unsuccessful, I will be getting a new solo

Update 2:
The samsung phone worked however, the GPS module in the drone is either bad or something. A constant alarm is going off and no gps aquired. I sent a video to the tech support. Looks like I have a dud unit. I understand things like this happen, but I feel a little snake bit

Reactions: SARDG

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M