Greetings! Stay a while and listen.

Reaction score
OK, you don't really need to stay a while, but if you get the reference I'll identify your items for free. ;)

I'm a new Solo owner, having recently picked one up as my first drone. I'm almost ready to take the FAA exam and have been flying a little to learn the ropes. I have about 15m in the air so far, but I already have broken my first prop by loosing situational awareness and flying into a tree. Now I'm grounded for a week while I wait for "expedited" shipping from B&H. I picked up a few spare parts while I was at it, though.

Any go-to accessories, mods, or anything else I should be looking at? I'm thinking a replacement lens for the GoPro to get rid of the fisheye might be a good idea.

My unit came running OpenSolo 3.0, so the simulator doesn't work. Is it worth it to downgrade or buy another controller to use with the sim (and pick up a spare)? Of course, it might make more sense to pick up a unit without gimbal.

I'm looking forward to learning more about how to use this thing so I can eventually try to get at least enough gigs to pay for it. :)

Master Airscrew Props are a nice addition.
Buy two sets ( yes, they come in a set of 4 ) and your shipping is free!!! A set is about $19 so they are cheaper than 3DR

Reactions: IrishmanPDX
The Brite Lite system by Maddog is a must for commercial use of this drone. Allows you to keep instant situational awareness even at decent distances and has a very professional look.

Reactions: IrishmanPDX
HEY YEAH!!!!
Makes your Solo so damn visible, it’s ridiculous!!!!! I love it. And it’s very reasonably priced!

And Mark stands behind his product! One poor guy had a fly away, and Mark sent him a replacement set for his new drone! You gotta love Maddog!!!

Reactions: scottm32768
Master Airscrew Props are a nice addition.
Buy two sets ( yes, they come in a set of 4 ) and your shipping is free!!! A set is about $19 so they are cheaper than 3DR

Ah, shoot. Wish I'd realized that yesterday. I was thinking the 3DR ones were half the price, but that's for a set of two. I'll definitely be looking at replacing the props with those the next time I need them (or feel the need to buy an upgrade).

I notice those come in a various colors. Do the colors realistically help with visibility or anything?

ORANGE, GREEN, WHITE & BLACK.
yes, they help with orientation.

Reactions: scottm32768

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo