gps mod M8N plug and play?

Reaction score
can somebody point me in the right direction as far as material (links) needed to do a M8n gps mod in solo without cutting wires. want to switch back to stock gps just in case. thanks

There was someone who was making wire harnesses for the M8N module, but he hasn't been around since Sept. He had the tools and connectors. I'm not sure what other options there are, but I really want one as well.

I had some cables made by him (SteveMeyer75) and have not been able to reach him for months. However, the specs you need are on the M8N thread, look for Steve Meyer 75, and there are some places that fabricate custom cables. I have one for the stock GPS as you said, in case I ever want to go back. But have the M8N for probably 5 months now, always get a quick lock, 15-18 sats within a few minites, HDOP of 1.1, 1.2 so no desire to go back.

Reactions: XperienceVisuals
Here's a link to a YouTube video. Don't know if it will help.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hi guys,

I'm new here (like this is my first post new) and i did the GPS mod like the video from maddog shows, I used a different unit that i got from BangGood and it worked like a charm. Super easy and simple to install and now i get 17 sats, where i was only getting 8-9 before.

My question is regarding the compass, I saw that the stock unit on the solo had a compass and then i read more and saw that in fact the solo has multiple redundant sensors (the compass being one of them). In the video it tell you to just connect the GPS as the solo has an external compas. This works, but I am wondering if anyone knows what is the proper way to connect the other two wires that you leave alone in this upgrade to the new M8n gps unit.

So basically my question is , if anyone knows how to also connect the two other wires that com from the solo to the GPS (the two that i'm thinking are for the Compass) and that way I don't lose any redundant sensors, even tho the solo works perfect, I would love to have the GPS compass on as a redundant compass like on the stock GPS.

Thank you and sorry for the long post,

-WP
can i know what unit you use?

Reactions: Willie Plasencia
So basically my question is , if anyone knows how to also connect the two other wires that com from the solo to the GPS (the two that i'm thinking are for the Compass) and that way I don't lose any redundant sensors, even tho the solo works perfect, I would love to have the GPS compass on as a redundant compass like on the stock GPS.
The Solo doesn't use the compass in the GPS unit. It uses 2 other independent compasses, which is why in that tutorial they don't hook the GPS Compass up. There's actually nothing to hook it up to. So, you still have redundant compasses in there.

Reactions: Willie Plasencia
Reviving the dead here.... does anyone know the type of connector on the M8N GPS unit? I'd like to get the connector and run the wires to that as opposed to splicing.

Reviving the dead here.... does anyone know the type of connector on the M8N GPS unit? I'd like to get the connector and run the wires to that as opposed to splicing.
Get this unit instead. Just pop out the old, pop in the new. It's a feist replacement, no wiring needed. And it's absolutely fantastic!

7057/

Reactions: Dustin
I ordered the plug and play GPS board. My solo had a Rev A green board. Replaced and added additional shielding and sealed it all up in 15 mins. What used to be a 9 satt lock and a few manual flights due to GPS lock is now gets a solid 16 to 20 sat. Recommend this GPS upgrade the plug and play model for $79.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44