GPS glitch

Reaction score
I just got a 3dr Solo, flew it twice to make sure it worked and then upgraded to the purple mRo gps and 3dr shield. I was testing the new mRo GPS indoors to make sure things looked like they were working. While indoors the GPS was typically getting 5-8 sats with a varying HDOP around 1.4 (from what I recall).

Then I noticed a "GPS glitch" error and then a "GPS glitch cleared" or something to that effect maybe 2-4 seconds later. Is that something to worry about or is that to be expected indoors?

Note I'm running Opensolo 4-dev and the latest solex.

Just thinking out loud here, but I *think* losing GPS lock inside buildings is to be expected, since the Solo User Manual says (page 25):
Don’t fly Solo indoors.
Always fly outside in clear, open areas at a safe distance from yourself, other people, power lines,
animals, vehicles, trees, and buildings.

Remember how old automobile GPS units failed inside most parking structures? Solo's GPS is like that. Come to think of it, aren't *all* GPS receivers like that?

Disclaimer: The "GPS Glitch" error you saw might indicate a different problem than merely losing GPS lock, in which case ignore all of the above.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela