Got a backpack, almost had a gimbal?

Reaction score
Damn Fry's...
This morning Fry's showed that my local store had backpacks in stock, so I bought one online for in store pick up. Went to pick it up a hour ago (they had one Solo on the shelf) and while I was there I asked if they could check to see if they had a delivery date on the Solo Gimbal...

Clerk #1; "We have 2 in stock."

Me: "No, they aren't out yet... you can't have them.."

Clerk #1: "No, it shows right here, 2 just came in, they are here."

Me: "You have two Tarot gimbals on the shelf, they are for the Phantom, not the Solo."

Clerk #2 (who has been watching over the shoulder of Clerk #1): "No, these are a different SKU, not DJI, they are 3DR, they are probably in the back."

Clerk #1: "we will go find one for you, hang on."

Me: "That would be great!". As I'm gloating to myself about scoring a gimbal in some weird glitch in the time warp where the Fry's in Renton, WA is the first to get a Solo Gimbal anywhere in the world! I'm giddy with excitement.

Clerk #3 (who has been hovering in the background, and looked at the monitor after Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum left to get my Solo Gimbal). "Um, if you have anywhere to be, don't wait for those two... they are going to bring you the gimbal for the Iris+, not the Solo."

Me: (Bubble Burst). ohhh....damn, yeah, should've thought of that - I already have that gimbal....heh."

So... I thought I'd be posting photos of the damn gimbal... hahaha.
But the backpack is very nice. About $50 cheaper than my Iris+ and my Phantom 2 backpacks, smaller, and less storage. But room for all I need probably.

Then to top it off, as I'm driving home I get a voice mail from some guy who claims he is from Fry's, calling to inform me my online purchase is not in stock, "sorry." Not sure what that was all about - I had it with me in the car...

Reactions: Jubalr
That is so funny..lol We need some humor here! Thanks for taking the time to give us all a smile..:))

Damn Fry's...
This morning Fry's showed that my local store had backpacks in stock, so I bought one online for in store pick up. Went to pick it up a hour ago (they had one Solo on the shelf) and while I was there I asked if they could check to see if they had a delivery date on the Solo Gimbal...

Clerk #1; "We have 2 in stock."

Me: "No, they aren't out yet... you can't have them.."

Clerk #1: "No, it shows right here, 2 just came in, they are here."

Me: "You have two Tarot gimbals on the shelf, they are for the Phantom, not the Solo."

Clerk #2 (who has been watching over the shoulder of Clerk #1): "No, these are a different SKU, not DJI, they are 3DR, they are probably in the back."

Clerk #1: "we will go find one for you, hang on."

Me: "That would be great!". As I'm gloating to myself about scoring a gimbal in some weird glitch in the time warp where the Fry's in Renton, WA is the first to get a Solo Gimbal anywhere in the world! I'm giddy with excitement.

Clerk #3 (who has been hovering in the background, and looked at the monitor after Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum left to get my Solo Gimbal). "Um, if you have anywhere to be, don't wait for those two... they are going to bring you the gimbal for the Iris+, not the Solo."

Me: (Bubble Burst). ohhh....damn, yeah, should've thought of that - I already have that gimbal....heh."

So... I thought I'd be posting photos of the damn gimbal... hahaha.
But the backpack is very nice. About $50 cheaper than my Iris+ and my Phantom 2 backpacks, smaller, and less storage. But room for all I need probably.

Then to top it off, as I'm driving home I get a voice mail from some guy who claims he is from Fry's, calling to inform me my online purchase is not in stock, "sorry." Not sure what that was all about - I had it with me in the car...
Lol... Any more backpacks in Renton? I will be heading from Lake Stevens to Portland next week :)

Nope, I must have picked up either their one and only, or the last one they had. There weren't any more on the shelf. They had one Solo and several sets of props, but not batteries.

Nope, I must have picked up either their one and only, or the last one they had. There weren't any more on the shelf. They had one Solo and several sets of props, but not batteries.
Damn. Have Solo(s) props and batteries. Just ordered motors. Now just need backpack and gimbal and I am set.

Been getting comfortable with Tower and designing shot sequences.

Starting to get exciteD at the possibilities. I know orhers can't see it yet. I can.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks