Gopro record button greyed out

Reaction score
Hi all, been having this problem intermittently over the last few weeks. Around 50% of the time I will start up the solo, gopro and app my phone and not be able to access settings or start recording on the gopro.

I can still control the gimble and am getting a live feed through from the gopro though.

Has anyone else had similar issues?

I am using a Hero 4 Black and an android phone ( 1+ One)

Hi all, been having this problem intermittently over the last few weeks. Around 50% of the time I will start up the solo, gopro and app my phone and not be able to access settings or start recording on the gopro.

I can still control the gimble and am getting a live feed through from the gopro though.

Has anyone else had similar issues?

I am using a Hero 4 Black and an android phone ( 1+ One)
  1. Make sure your GoPro firmware is up to date.
  2. Make sure your GoPro is firmly seated into the back connector on the gimbal. It can look fine to the eye, but give it an extra little squeeze to make sure it's firmly seated.
  3. Do not turn on your GoPro before you put it in the gimbal.

Thank you for the reply!

It was working earlier in the day so I'm pretty sure it's not #1 but #2 definitely sounds like it may be the cause, not sure why I didn't consider that earlier.

I'll be taking it out again tomorrow so I'll double check it then.

I've had the same problem from time to time. My fix is first start with steps 1,2 & 3 Erik mentioned above then power on your GoPro (obviously after it is seated in the gimbal), then power on Controller, connect iPad to SoloLink, then finally turn on Solo. This sequence works for me. Let us all know how you go?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M