GoPro Rant

My GP Hero 4 Black will freeze / lockup at some point when using it. When it happens I cannot turn it off the standard way by holding in the button. The only way to reset it is to remove the battery for a few seconds (many recommend waiting 30 seconds). Upon reinserting the battery everything works properly. There is no rytheme or reason to when it will occur. This all started with the newer GoPro firmware update 4.xx. With the newer GP Hero 4 update 4.xx I noticed the video on 2.7K video will ZOOM on the iPhones screen upon hitting the record button. This makes framing shots a little more difficult for me. Bottom line if you have a Hero 4 with 3.xx firmware leave it there!

My GP Hero 4 Black will freeze / lockup at some point when using it. When it happens I cannot turn it off the standard way by holding in the button. The only way to reset it is to remove the battery for a few seconds (many recommend waiting 30 seconds). Upon reinserting the battery everything works properly. There is no rytheme or reason to when it will occur. This all started with the newer GoPro firmware update 4.xx. With the newer GP Hero 4 update 4.xx I noticed the video on 2.7K video will ZOOM on the iPhones screen upon hitting the record button. This makes framing shots a little more difficult for me. Bottom line if you have a Hero 4 with 3.xx firmware leave it there!

Like someone mentioned earlier in the thread.....It would be nice if we could go back to the 3.xx firmware

You can easily go back to 3.xx
I went to 5.xx and the zooming while recording drove me nuts!

If you search the web, you can find the 3.xx firmware. You can then manually back down to it. It took me just 10 minutes to complete.

You can easily go back to 3.xx
I went to 5.xx and the zooming while recording drove me nuts!

If you search the web, you can find the 3.xx firmware. You can then manually back down to it. It took me just 10 minutes to complete.

Perfect!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks