Gopro Hero 4 sessions? 3dr solo compatible?

Reaction score
Hi I searched and only found one old thread from August.

So I got myself a 3drSolo for Christmas, now I'm in the market for a gopro. Wondering if the Hero 4 "sessions" is compatible with the Solo. Does it have all the same functions? Fpv work good?

Simple answer, no the Session will not work. It just doesn't fit in the gimbal. You didnt mention whether you received the gimbal as part of your new solo?

But you'd need a GoPro hero 3+ black or hero 4 black or silver.

I saw you ask about it in an older thread. Basically he was using a hero 4 black connected to the solo, for viewing via the video download. With the session stuck to the bottom simply filming straight down. The session just doesn't have the correct form factor for the gimbal or regular mount. I know they've dropped the price on the session, but for a little more, you can get the hero 4 silver ($339).

Simple answer, no the Session will not work. It just doesn't fit in the gimbal. You didnt mention whether you received the gimbal as part of your new solo?

But you'd need a GoPro hero 3+ black or hero 4 black or silver.

I saw you ask about it in an older thread. Basically he was using a hero 4 black connected to the solo, for viewing via the video download. With the session stuck to the bottom simply filming straight down. The session just doesn't have the correct form factor for the gimbal or regular mount. I know they've dropped the price on the session, but for a little more, you can get the hero 4 silver ($339).

Thanks for the response. I don't have the gimbal and probably won't be picking it up for a while. So will the fpv portion work with any camera that is able to hook up to micro hdmi?

Thanks for the response. I don't have the gimbal and probably won't be picking it up for a while. So will the fpv portion work with any camera that is able to hook up to micro hdmi?

Good question, and I'm sorry I don't know the answer. I've had GoPro's for a number of years, so I just already had them when I picked up my solo. Maybe someone else can answrer that.

Yes. The solo doesn't know what is providing the HDMI signal.

Reactions: Saijin_Naib
Does the Session have a HDMI output?
I looked at the manual and it says USB, not sure about HDMI though.

That's correct, the GoPro 4 Session has no HDMI port:

gp4session.png

Reactions: RolandS888
Just curious, has anyone tried an adapter, female micro hdmi to male micro usb?

No not all cameras will work I have a cheap 4k camera and it will not show fpv. Plugged right from solo into the camera NO GIMBAL. It won't read it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado