GoPro 4 Christmas lights

Reaction score
I flew a house a few days ago at dusk to get some experience shooting pics of Christmas lights, and it didn't come out so well. I tried again this evenings, sans drone, and with a lot of messing around with the settings, not happy with those results either. Anyone got suggestions for shooting lights both video and stills with a GoPro 4 Black?

thanks!

I flew a house a few days ago at dusk to get some experience shooting pics of Christmas lights, and it didn't come out so well. I tried again this evenings, sans drone, and with a lot of messing around with the settings, not happy with those results either. Anyone got suggestions for shooting lights both video and stills with a GoPro 4 Black?

thanks!

What are your settings? Dusk/evening with point light sources is gonna difficult for anything smaller than a mirrorless/m43 camera. Push your shutter speed as long as you can hold stable. Handheld, thats probably around 1/15 sec. On a stabilized drone or a handheld stabilizer... who knows, maybe 1/2 sec? If you have a tripod then go nuts. I'm amazed that gopro supports 30 second exposures, but that's pretty awesome. Can't do much for video cuz you bottom out on longest shutter speed, so try recording at 24p as that will give you the longest possible shutter speed. Lower your ISO as much as possible for the lighting condition, and that's about it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danny5150