Go Pro Video stops starts and freezes up.

Reaction score
After i fly the solo and down load the video from the Go Pro it will not play all the way through the recording with out stoping or freezing up.
any suggertions>

What are you recording at. The higher resolutions do not play well with average PC. 4K is tough to deal with at times.

Try downloading VLC player at http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html or try quicktime.

Windows media player does not work well on my machines with 4k video files.

I haven't had that problem yet and I'm running test recordings in 2.7k UltraWide.. I'm using a 2011 MacBook Pro, 16GB of RAM.

i am running 1080p 60fps
medium
Do you have the GoPRO studio installed? Also when you connect the camera to the PC does it use the GoPro import service to access the camera? Just wondering.....you may be missing a codec.

Try the video on another machine. I know it is obvious, but if it works there, it is some problem with your machine.

Holy Crap Dirby. 62 gig of RAM on video card? Are you sure?

I record all flights on gopro to have a visual backup (instead of just my logs), should I have an incident. I manually press the record button on the gopro 3+, and while walking away from Solo to my piloting position I hear the camera chirp and turn itself off. I once flew an entire battery on record and didn't realize the camera turned itself off until I reviewed video. Now I give it a few more seconds after pressing record before I walk away, and confirm the red flashing light on the camera is blinking while in hover before zipping away. This is not related to video freezing while playing back on a computer however. But wanted to put it out there.

Hey Dirby,

That's the card for your GoPro. The Graphics Card is inside your computer. They typically have 2-4gb of memory. When I saw you said 62gb, I thought holy crap! His video better not be freezing!..

Fly Safe...

Hey Dirby,

That's the card for your GoPro. The Graphics Card is inside your computer. They typically have 2-4gb of memory. When I saw you said 62gb, I thought holy crap! His video better not be freezing!..

Fly Safe...

Yea I am not sure I have had my hands on a machine with a 64 gig GPU. I installed a 12 gig card last week and thought I was a big shot :)

1. Maybe because of the codec of your movie player in your PC
2. Maybe because of low spec of your PC (low VGA card or low RAM of PC)
3. Sandisk is just memory storage, not related with video card(VGA) :(

Another thing Dirby. Dont think this was mentioned above. Dont try to play it directly from the card. Transfer it to the PC and play it.

If you can drop an SSD HD in your machine that will help. I just lost the drive in my MBP on Sunday... 500GB 7200 RPM drive.. I ordered a 500GB SSD to replace it and it arrived last night and I'm messing around this morning on my machine with video and other stuff and it's like I got a brand new machine.. I was able to clone the bad drive using Carbon Copy Cloner so nothing was lost.

Last edited by a moderator:
On the video card?

I think most people are confused about what Graphics Card memory is in respect to just Random Access Memory. The most ever, ever ever ever.. I've seen (or actually read about) is 24GB on a Graphics Card.

Mac Pro's (the cadillac version), comes with Dual AMD FirePro D500's that pack 3GB on each, for a total of 6GB on the cards - combined.

Yea thats what I am thinking :)

64 gig of RAM is significant regardless, 64 gig of GPU would be pretty specialized. I have seen four cards running 12 gig in SLI though ! What people will do for gaming.

That said I don't follow Mac so really did not know if that was common.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso