Given a broken solo 3dr drone

So you are an Apple user-
ios.
So here’s how I did this, and it was soooo simple.
I purchased SidePilot from the app store. $13- and then went into sidepilot and downloaded the programs on my controller and the drone. Once they were finished. Reboot. Pair the two. Done. It literally took 7 minutes. I did Four Solos in less than a half hour.
Going to find you a video- guy does it right in front of you- he has one hiccup that he addresses and you will see him deal with it- remember, he’s making the video so kudos to him!
Be back in a few.
Excellent!! Getting all excited

You aren’t un-savvy. You’re learning. Just like everyone here. Do not have to uninstall anything. Pedals2Paddles made this “ gift “ as user friendly as he possibly could; only way to make it easier would be for him to knock on your front door. ( did you hear something??)
nope. he’s not at your door. But no fear, you can handle this. A few cool things you get out of this-
Upgraded Solo - open solo 3.0.0 ( most current!!!)
SidePilot- I know you paid for this, but it is another Solo Tool for you, check it out while you are in it- SidePilot is pretty advanced.
Also, if you haven’t yet, check out Solex- it uses droid; but it tells you a lot about what’s happening with Solo
Hands On experience- makes you appreciate Solo, this forum, and folks like P2P- who unselfishly dedicate their time to making YOUR drone better for you.

Reactions: scottm32768
Excited?
Wait till that popcorn is ready!
It’s a pretty big confidence booster when you are able to do some of these upgrades on your own. ( of course, the geniuses did all the hard stuff...)
You are going to be guided into sidepilot to do this upgrade- but the gentleman in the video walks you through it. While you are in there- look at all the information at your disposal. A lot of pertinent info you can use.

Update: removed broken props, not realizing the thread directions were different for 2 of the 4 motors... so positions 4 and 3 are stripped.

If anyone has a motor pod for parts or an old motor ill buy it off you for the bell. I need 1 more clockwise motor, or just any bell, assuming they are interchangeable between motor types...

how does the camera system work? i see there is a place on controller for smartphone, is this drone fpv capable with gopro?? thanks
I have 2 solos and I'm willing to let the cheaper of the 2go for what I paid if your interested it is complete with chargers but the sd cards are bad. 150.00 complete

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dachl