Given a broken solo 3dr drone

Reaction score
Update: removed broken props, not realizing the thread directions were different for 2 of the 4 motors... so positions 4 and 3 are stripped.

If anyone has a motor pod for parts or an old motor ill buy it off you for the bell. I need 1 more clockwise motor, or just any bell, assuming they are interchangeable between motor types...

how does the camera system work? i see there is a place on controller for smartphone, is this drone fpv capable with gopro?? thanks

Last edited:
Well... Master Airscrew has props ( a full set of four ) for about $18.
The chargers won’t be too difficult to find. Go to the search bar and type in gimbal troubleshooting or gimbal not found.... there are guys on this forum that may be able to help you figure out the gimbal issues.
You made out good on the Solo.

Your Solo may not be broken, just bruised a little.

Maybe look on B& H photo’s web page- they still have some 3DR products but I think just opening this thread may prove to be essential to your task. I’m sure; no, I’m positive- guys have destroyed their poor Solo and have these components lying inside a junk drawer. Keep looking though- maybe ebay- for used 3DR chargers.
You will have your drone in the air soon!

You can go to ebay and type in 3DR chargers or try Solo drone chargers;
a bunch will come up- look at the shipping cost!!! Be careful, they shouldn’t be expensive- maybe $15 for controller charger and no more than $25 for battery charger. Look for a package deal on both- if possible.

You can go to ebay and type in 3DR chargers or try Solo drone chargers;
a bunch will come up- look at the shipping cost!!! Be careful, they shouldn’t be expensive- maybe $15 for controller charger and no more than $25 for battery charger. Look for a package deal on both- if possible.
thanks that was the key word to use i got the transmitter charger.

sweet!!
always try this forum first; if someone has what you’re looking for, you will probably make out better; but in this situation, you sorta need it in a hurry to play with your drone!
Now go to www. Master Airscrew and get yourself some new props!! A set will cost you about $18- order 2 sets so your shipping is free! Always looking for ways to get the most for my money- paying postage- a huge no-no!
Once you have everything you need, install open solo 3.0.0 so you can cut ties with 3DR and start explaining exactly what your gimbal is doing- some of the “ gimbal gurus “ may be able to get that straightened out for you- then you are golden!

MAS props come in 4 colors ( orange, black , white and green. And while you are waiting for those props, google 3DR Solo Manual-
print it out and read up on your new toy. Solo
is a SMART DRONE, but it is only as smart as it’s operator!! Practice in an open area and have fun. If you need additional batteries- b&h photo still carries them. $30/each and come with a free gift! You will need at least 3 ( that will give you a good half hour of flight time, probably even 40 minutes) but don’t run your batteries down to zero %. Once you get to 25%, you should consider recharging.
Read that manual- keep it on the night-stand so you can read before bed!!

MAS props come in 4 colors ( orange, black , white and green. And while you are waiting for those props, google 3DR Solo Manual-
print it out and read up on your new toy. Solo
is a SMART DRONE, but it is only as smart as it’s operator!! Practice in an open area and have fun. If you need additional batteries- b&h photo still carries them. $30/each and come with a free gift! You will need at least 3 ( that will give you a good half hour of flight time, probably even 40 minutes) but don’t run your batteries down to zero %. Once you get to 25%, you should consider recharging.
Read that manual- keep it on the night-stand so you can read before bed!!
I appreciate the help

help each other out when someone is in need. some members more capable than others.

I have a handful of broken motors sitting in a box. They were involved in crashes, so the esc boards are bent, along with the top black plastic cover over the esc. You can definitely use them for the bells and the threads. Just cover the shipping cost, and they are yours.

PM me.

sweet!!
always try this forum first; if someone has what you’re looking for, you will probably make out better; but in this situation, you sorta need it in a hurry to play with your drone!
Now go to www. Master Airscrew and get yourself some new props!! A set will cost you about $18- order 2 sets so your shipping is free! Always looking for ways to get the most for my money- paying postage- a huge no-no!
Once you have everything you need, install open solo 3.0.0 so you can cut ties with 3DR and start explaining exactly what your gimbal is doing- some of the “ gimbal gurus “ may be able to get that straightened out for you- then you are golden!
I’ve been flying Solo from the beginning before the gimbal came out but I have never installed any software besides what it came with. So could you tell me what Open Solo 3.0.0 is ? And why we should install it? Thanks

Go to search- put in “Open Solo Github”
look for pedals2paddles thread on Open Solo 3.0.0
When you open it up, tap on current stable release- I think this is the information you are looking for.
It was a New Year’s Day gift to Solo Owners- so it’s 1-1-2018.... ( date of release )
Hope this helps.

Go to search- put in “Open Solo Github”
look for pedals2paddles thread on Open Solo 3.0.0
When you open it up, tap on current stable release- I think this is the information you are looking for.
It was a New Year’s Day gift to Solo Owners- so it’s 1-1-2018.... ( date of release )
Hope this helps.
Thanks much appreciated. I am going to give it a try.

You won’t regret it, it’s peace of mind knowing 3DR can’t pull the rug out from under your feet. Matt and Solo enthusiasts, have identified multiple shortcomings in Solo, then addressed each of them. This wasn’t an overnight accomplishment- he has dedicated an enormous amount of his personal time and commitment to the Solo community.
Hats off to Pedals2Paddles for making Solo life so much better; honestly, who could imagine buying a drone because of its abilities, and a year or two later, it being even better??

I have a handful of broken motors sitting in a box. They were involved in crashes, so the esc boards are bent, along with the top black plastic cover over the esc. You can definitely use them for the bells and the threads. Just cover the shipping cost, and they are yours.

PM me.
I think i sent you a pm. Thank you for offering your help.

You won’t regret it, it’s peace of mind knowing 3DR can’t pull the rug out from under your feet. Matt and Solo enthusiasts, have identified multiple shortcomings in Solo, then addressed each of them. This wasn’t an overnight accomplishment- he has dedicated an enormous amount of his personal time and commitment to the Solo community.
Hats off to Pedals2Paddles for making Solo life so much better; honestly, who could imagine buying a drone because of its abilities, and a year or two later, it being even better??
The biggest reason I haven’t done this before is. It fully understanding how to go about downloading and installing the software with out messing up and not being able to fly my Solo. Can I ask a couple of questions? I found the site Open Solo 3.0.0 Gethub. 1) Do I just down load onto my iPad mini 4 or do I need to uninstall 3DR’s software first? When I download the file what do I do with it? Sorry for being so un savvy!!!

So you are an Apple user-
ios.
So here’s how I did this, and it was soooo simple.
I purchased SidePilot from the app store. $13- and then went into sidepilot and downloaded the programs on my controller and the drone. Once they were finished. Reboot. Pair the two. Done. It literally took 7 minutes. I did Four Solos in less than a half hour.
Going to find you a video- guy does it right in front of you- he has one hiccup that he addresses and you will see him deal with it- remember, he’s making the video so kudos to him!
Be back in a few.

Reactions: Ralph E. Johnson
Here you go; too easy!!
Google...
Solo Upgrade using Sidepilot.
Scroll down to videos- First one. 24 minutes long-
Make some popcorn, grab a drink, dim the lights and watch the video. You can watch it the second time as you install. SUPER EASY!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc