Gimbal Question

Reaction score
My understanding is that the Solo controller will start/stop recording on the GoPro, but will it turn on/off the power to the GoPro?

The GP will be charged by the cable as well. I don't think there will be a need to turn it off. As long as the gimbal is attached I think it will be on powered on and sending a live view back to the mobile device.

Do you know if it is possible to start recording with the gopro via de GoPro App while on flight?

Do you know if it is possible to start recording with the gopro via de GoPro App while on flight?

You should not be using the GoPro app while in flight. You may cause interference with the controller.

Bro.. No GoPro accessories. Most likely once you attach the HDMI cable all controls will be handed over to the controller.
Actually the HERO port... The HDMI connection (also there) is just video... But yes

For now you will change modes (1080, 4K, Protune, etc.) from the camera, but can start/stop recording from the Solo app.

The remaining control will come on the next app update.

PS: If you turned off the GoPro from the app, you couldn't turn it back on.. :)

Reactions: mr_jcraft
Are we always going to have to power on the GoPro manually? Or will it power up automatically with the new update that is coming?
Just checked my Gopro 4 Black and you dont need the battery in to operate as long as you draw power from the USB port which is sorta cool but maybe the gimbal is setup to use the battery weight.

Just checked my Gopro 4 Black and you dont need the battery in to operate as long as you draw power from the USB port which is sorta cool but maybe the gimbal is setup to use the battery weight.

The usb port is not used when GoPro in mounted in gimbal.

The gimbal plugs into the vertical port on the rear of the gopro and the HDMI port. The gopro will pull power from the drone if turned off and the battery installed. I have only flown with the battery installed however. Currently the gopro must be manually powered on. I have unfortunately had limited time to use the aircraft since the gimbal arrived yesterday, but I bench tested a number of my questions. Shutter release operates in all modes, and I've been able to stream up to 4k. Just waiting on the next software release for full control. Upside, the stabilization is excellent.

The gimbal plugs into the vertical port on the rear of the gopro and the HDMI port. The gopro will pull power from the drone if turned off and the battery installed. I have only flown with the battery installed however. Currently the gopro must be manually powered on. I have unfortunately had limited time to use the aircraft since the gimbal arrived yesterday, but I bench tested a number of my questions. Shutter release operates in all modes, and I've been able to stream up to 4k. Just waiting on the next software release for full control. Upside, the stabilization is excellent.

What button on the controller fires the shutter?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44