Gimbal noise (video)

Reaction score
I know this has been talked about. But I want to throw it out there one more time. When I first got solo, the first gimbal I had, I never heard any noise out of it, I did how ever get it replaced because half of the time during flight it would go completely limp. customer service worked with me quite well to get that replaced. Then I get gimbal number 2. I installed it, calibrate, and it had a horrible whining when solo is turned on and gopro is in the gimbal. I contact support a few months later after trying a few things to get it to stop, with no luck. Again I was pretty happy with support. They asked me for a few things and then for me to ship it to them. Today I get the new gimbal. Well not new,( the box was marked up and dented and the paperwork inside was wrinkled.) and once again after installing and calibrating it still has the whining noise. So is this normal? should I not worry about it? or am I just having bad luck getting a good gimbal?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If that's a Hero 4 Silver, are the balancing counterweights properly attached to the gimbal? It looks like no weights are attached. If it's a Hero 4 Black (which needs no counterweights) ignore this posting.

FWIW, your video does not seem to me to indicate an overly loud gimbal. The faint whirring noise in the video sounds just like the gimbal motors doing what they are supposed to be doing. A younger person with better ears than mine might hear something I'm missing, however.

If that's a Hero 4 Silver, are the balancing counterweights properly attached to the gimbal? It looks like no weights are attached. If it's a Hero 4 Black (which needs no counterweights) ignore this posting.

FWIW, your video does not seem to me to indicate an overly loud gimbal. The faint whirring noise in the video sounds just like the gimbal motors doing what they are supposed to be doing. A younger person with better ears than mine might hear something I'm missing, however.

Joe,
Thanks, it is a hero 4 back. The main reason I have concern is that, I never heard any sound at all from the first gimbal I had.

This is normal, all of my 3dr gimbals make this noise.
If it would vibrate, resonate during camera movement then you will have a problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela