Gimbal mods

Reaction score
G'day peeps. Has anyone done a gimbal mod by removing the long back strip charger for gopro at the back of the gimbal to make room to adapt for another type of 4k action camera?
Looks like it can be removed but just wanted to check if anyone has done this mod?

If you have a 3d printer there are files on thingiverse, if I remember correctly. You can use all those knockoff gopro cameras. You will also have to re balance the gimbal. A Google search of the mods for solo gimbal 3d print should have it pop right up.

U wont be able to control your camera with the Solo controler or keep the camera battery charged. I think) Could be wrong.
Bill

Thanks for the advice guys. I'm gonna modify it very carefully not to damage the gimbal wires. If I removed the back plate with the gopro charger to fit another camera. Let you know how it goes

Well guys after a couple of hours dismantling the solo gimbal I've reach a decision. Obviously it's set up for the gopro range which is a great platform but I needed to know if you can adapt it to a run of the mill action camera, yes it is possible to do so but the only big downfall is you have no control over the camera but if that doesn't bother you all good. Before you get on eBay and search for a cheap camera take my advice & get one with a remote control & make sure it's a 4k camera with wifi.
Personally I'd stick to the gopro for the controller & the solex app for convenience.
Best regards. Dai Dragon

Well guys after a couple of hours dismantling the solo gimbal I've reach a decision. Obviously it's set up for the gopro range which is a great platform but I needed to know if you can adapt it to a run of the mill action camera, yes it is possible to do so but the only big downfall is you have no control over the camera but if that doesn't bother you all good. Before you get on eBay and search for a cheap camera take my advice & get one with a remote control & make sure it's a 4k camera with wifi.
Personally I'd stick to the gopro for the controller & the solex app for convenience.
Best regards. Dai Dragon

You should not have camera WiFi turned on in flight. It will severely decrease your range and may cause a crash/fly away.

I think that's a good point but I have taken a lot of time checking the wifi details of both solo & camera & discovered that there are alternative camera's which do & don't interfere with the signal. There are admittedly only a varied selection that can be used but there are significantly more camera's that don't.
Flyers beware only use gopro knockoffs if you know 100% it will work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso