Gimbal Issues after Crash

Reaction score
Hey all I had a pretty bad crash a few weeks ago and have pretty much replaced everything that broke. I am looking for some assistance on my issue and have no clue what to do. After the crash my gimbal was broke so I purchased a new one. Connected it and such and it is not going crazy anymore like the old one was doing but still has power running to it and makes a hissing noise. It is very quite but it did not do that before the crash. Also now for some odd reason and this just happened.. I keep getting the leg on the front right in my image from go pro and it has to deal with the angle of the gimbal.. HELP please..

Also is there a way to do a test after a crash just to make sure internally nothing is damaged.

The crash was an expensive one...

Gimbal
4 Props
Shell

I assume you have the camera in the gimbal when you are testing.

If it still makes the noise take it back apart, including removing the battery tray and look for wires rubbing
As far as flying it goes, just go through your normal pre-flight, and go low and slow until you see if it is ok

Reactions: Tony yeareg
Welcome to the forum Tony!

Sorry about your crash.

Is the hissing noise possibly just one of the gimbal motors spinning? One of mine is a little noisy.

For starters I would just set Solo up and see if everything works on the ground:

Gimbal responds to controller commands as does GoPro. You can get a video feed, etc.
Can you get a satellite lock.

Then you probably should do level & compass calibrations.

If everything looks normal, take off & see how it handles.

I'm sure somebody else will chime in if I missed something.

Let us know how everything works out!

I assume you have the camera in the gimbal when you are testing.

If it still makes the noise take it back apart, including removing the battery tray and look for wires rubbing
As far as flying it goes, just go through your normal pre-flight, and go low and slow until you see if it is ok

I have done a lot of flying.. Everything seems alright, it has made some off movements meaning like tried to fly away a few times but I hit pause. Besides that I will take it apart and see if wires are touching...

Thank you.

Welcome to the forum Tony!

Sorry about your crash.

Is the hissing noise possibly just one of the gimbal motors spinning? One of mine is a little noisy. Yes that is exactly what it sounds like...

For starters I would just set Solo up and see if everything works on the ground: Everything does look good and work good besides the hissing noise. What about my gimball facing my go pro leg.. It moved and it catches the bottom leg and I cant move it or get the go pro to move like it used to be.

Gimbal responds to controller commands as does GoPro. You can get a video feed, etc.
Can you get a satellite lock.

Then you probably should do level & compass calibrations.
I have never done a level or compass calibration.. Does it help..
If everything looks normal, take off & see how it handles.

I'm sure somebody else will chime in if I missed something.
Thank you so much!!!
Let us know how everything works out!

I have done a lot of flying.. Everything seems alright, it has made some off movements meaning like tried to fly away a few times but I hit pause. Besides that I will take it apart and see if wires are touching...

Thank you.
Trying to fly off by itself is bad- did it do that before the crash?

Trying to fly off by itself is bad- did it do that before the crash?

No not at all that I can remember I had about an hour or 2 on it before the crash and unfortunately tried fling it at night and hit a wire.. Not sure what to do? Is there tests that can be ran ?

No not at all that I can remember I had about an hour or 2 on it before the crash and unfortunately tried fling it at night and hit a wire.. Not sure what to do? Is there tests that can be ran ?
You should probably send your logs to 3DR via a support ticket.

Sorry for being on novice here, what is required and how do I do that? What is the outcome and what can that tell them?
Inside the Solo app there is a support section. From there you can submit a support request ticket. As part of the process, it will grab the last 3 flight logs from your Solo and send them along with your support request.

Once 3DR has them, they can look through and check the health of every component in the Solo, including the gimbal. Once they identify the problem, they will advise you how to fix it. It might just be a software reset, or it might be that you'll need to send the whole thing in for repair.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44