Gimbal From Best Buy

It's a bitch trying to get them. Mine showed up today. Did one quick flight with it to make sure it worked. also printed some leg extensions I got off of thingiverse and put those on.

Maybe tonight I'll go for a little extended flight.

Reactions: Adimuzio513
If anybody has any available nearby I'll pay some extra, nothing anywhere even remotely close to here, I've tried a ton of different codes. Got excited again and nope again, I'm gonna lose it, anyway I'll send money PayPal ASAP.
I tried.. Closest BB is 32mi. Was going to grab one for you if they had it and have my son bring it up tomorrow and ship same day. But no luck. Will keep checking.

I tried.. Closest BB is 32mi. Was going to grab one for you if they had it and have my son bring it up tomorrow and ship same day. But no luck. Will keep checking.

Thanks a lot for trying anyway Jubalr, but oh my god I may have one. It's going to require driving nearly 200 miles tomorrow but Frys in fischers Indiana says they have one. I ordered and am waiting for the email saying it's been set aside. Sad I'm driving 180 miles for it, but after all this waiting it's worth it, I almost bit on one on eBay so I'd rather drive. My prayers may be answered but it took 3 times ordering cause the server kept crashing mid sale so wel see. I'm telling you all I'm not meant to have a gimbal, I wronged somebody in a past life or something. I'll let ya know in a few mins if my life can get back to normal, not being obsessed with checking on my order every half hour. Lol. Wish me luck and keep your fingers crossed.

I cannot locate a store in Chicago or Northwest Indiana. On the phone with BB, I had an empathetic service agent tell me that the "available for pickup" was likely triggered due to incoming warehouse inventory that hasn't been distributed yet. He checked some big city zip codes like New York, Los Angeles, and Miami. All of which turned up zero results. The search radius is apparently limited to 50 miles.

Terrible. For someone who did retail management for 15 years, this is no way to run a business--"available, but...not really. Not yet anyways."

Woo hoo party time I have purchased a gimbal and will have it tomorrow afternoon after over 3 hours of driving I'll be able to fly. Actually I'll likley install in the car and get some stabile video of a cornfield or whatever's in fischers Indiana. It's going to be a day of firsts, first flight with gimbal, first time in Frys and first time I knew fischers Indiana existed.

Happy day oh happy day thank you to 3dr for making this the most drawn out stressful purchase I've ever made, your lucky I love solo and can't wait to have it finally complete.

Woo hoo party time I have purchased a gimbal and will have it tomorrow afternoon after over 3 hours of driving I'll be able to fly. Actually I'll likley install in the car and get some stabile video of a cornfield or whatever's in fischers Indiana. It's going to be a day of firsts, first flight with gimbal, first time in Frys and first time I knew fischers Indiana existed.

Happy day oh happy day thank you to 3dr for making this the most drawn out stressful purchase I've ever made, your lucky I love solo and can't wait to have it finally complete.

Hopefully it's a drive that doesn't include traffic. Good for you!

I cannot locate a store in Chicago or Northwest Indiana. On the phone with BB, I had an empathetic service agent tell me that the "available for pickup" was likely triggered due to incoming warehouse inventory that hasn't been distributed yet. He checked some big city zip codes like New York, Los Angeles, and Miami. All of which turned up zero results. The search radius is apparently limited to 50 miles.

Terrible. For someone who did retail management for 15 years, this is no way to run a business--"available, but...not really. Not yet anyways."
Try frys rocket they have a couple stores I think near Indianapolis, I guess I just know fischers is 90 miles from me. So if it's worth it you may have better luck I know deluth and one other store within a huge distance said available as well. Meet me in fischers were only what 5 hours apart lol. Crazy the lengths I'm going for my new toy.

Why did you repost your alleged success? It's been ten minutes. And don't count your chickens before they hatch.

Also, please don't refer UAS's as "toys". Something as big as a Solo can take out a window or cause a concussion. Be a responsible flyer and fly with permission, especially in areas like Fisher that you're unfamiliar with.

Wow..this is like a Race to the Gimbals..!!! :)

First I was thinking. Maybe not. In a few days maybe plenty of stock. But in the last few hours one of those Hawaii stores no longer showing stock. I guess there is plenty of best buys around the nation, maybe they are spread thin to start with. I wonder what each stores initial allocation is?

Why did you repost your alleged success? It's been ten minutes. And don't count your chickens before they hatch.
They confirm in twenty mins and say it's been set aside behind the counter until the 19th, thank god. I'm calling to be sure but just got the second email to confirm.

First I was thinking. Maybe not. In a few days maybe plenty of stock. But in the last few hours one of those Hawaii stores no longer showing stock. I guess there is plenty of best buys around the nation, maybe they are spread thin to start with. I wonder what each stores initial allocation is?
The largest for solo was 3 near me and the gimbals been sold out much faster and my three stores that had solo got 0. They are few and far between. I think the Austin area had 5 solos at one point that was the largest I saw for weeks after release.

Likely two or less. And BB loves to stock upper-middle class stores first, if not exclusively. I had to have my Solo transferred from a store 50 miles away--the store manager lived near it and was kind enough to get it brought in for me.
God forbid you live in the sticks. Can't have the boonies having nice things.

Yep my lower end store had zip all three stores with it were near the higher dollar malls in the area. There's a mall by me but it's not anything like the other three. This is the first I've seen this as I usually buy electronics from online or cheaper stores than Best Buy cause price difference but I did see it with this release for sure and have noticed how much more the other locations offer now.

It's not stix around here but it's as close to the city as possible without being downtown and it's the same here as you mention. You have to be in between the two it seems. I have to pass by two or three other locations to get to the best buys with solo stuff, hopefully all stores will get em eventually now that this crazy release is coming to an end and they'll be catching up at 3dr.

..... On the truck for today... Next few hours... I'm done "practicing" with great locations and footage I can't show anyone because it's too shaky (even with post). Had the opportunity to fly today. I'll wait for the gimbal says I. Double checks driveway for ups truck.

Yea some neighbors just sent some off those Chinese lanterns up in the air, by the time I got out there after my kids said they saw em I only got one recorded. That's my last unstable video, God willing all will be stabile tomorrow after work.

Even I'm stressed about Admuz getting his gimbal. I waited 104 days, only to send it back on the 105th. Now waiting for my ups email once again. Vicious cycle.

Even I'm stressed about Admuz getting his gimbal. I waited 104 days, only to send it back on the 105th. Now waiting for my ups email once again. Vicious cycle.
Sorry to hear that. Makes me think I should bogart my 2nd gimbal also on a truck just in case.

Yea I wish I could say I'm not getting my hopes up or its no big deal, but I can't so I really hope all goes well. Made the mistake last time canceling my pre order after getting solo through retail, won't be doing that this time. Until I've got it, installed it and ran at least a couple batteries through it, there's no way. If 3dr happens to ship it, which I highly doubt, oh well it's not like nobody needs one at this point. If after driving to Indianapolis to get it things go bad it could very well be the end of the road for my beloved solo.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44