Gimbal - FPC/FFC connector

Reaction score
Looking for a replacement FPC/FFC connector to the Solo Gimbal's 22 pin ribbon cable termination. This is the interconnect between to lower gimbal assembly to the upper gimbal assembly's circuit board. Seems they are fragile as can be and implode on contact....;)

Looking through available inventory at Mouser and Digikey I've found plenty, but the solder pad layout is odd for what I found so far. It's deeper than typical offerings.

I will find a substitute if all else fails, but was reaching out in case anyone else has an answer. Even a manufacture brand would be helpful...

Reactions: Saijin_Naib
It fits perfectly, just need to rebuild some solder pads/traces. Apply leaded solder or chip-quick if removing the old connector, or you will be replacing pads and traces like me.

Further info. Removing the adhesive from the ribbon cable to release it from the connector is quite destructive. The adhesive falls into the connector between the clamp and the connector main body. Cleaning the ribbon cable further of adhesive after removal is highly advised. Otherwise you'll get a marginal connection at best by not being able to fully seat the ribbon.

This is another gimbal rebuild due to bent yaw arm - https://3drpilots.com/threads/bent-gimbal.9256/

I think one is toast, its bent pretty bad. But if you want to take a go at it that is fine. When I replace my other MRO I will send it to you

Reactions: RichWest
Posted update...I needed to replace the FPC-FFC DATA connector off a pan/yaw motor board. This is the same connector for the roll motor board as well...

The FPC-FFC for the DATA ribbon, SFV14R-3STBE1HLF Amphenol FCI | Mouser
Hey Rich, ive been Reading your post and have to thank you for sharing valiuable information.
I have a gimbal, but the ribbon inside the gimbal got a rift on it. Its visable from outside of the GP housing. I have to ask, can you post a mini guide on how to change this? I feel comfident that i can fix, i just need some guidence.
The hdmi 22 potition cable on the link, do i put one end on the board, and the Other end in the Gimble/GoPro hdmi connector?

Thanks Rich I tried this repair with salvaged parts using hot air rework station - no luck. This ID of the correct new part very helpful.

This is probably a question for Mouser but Im betting someone here can explain the following ;
the part details shows;
item is IN STOCK and also shows FACTORY LEAD TIME 12 WEEKS. Does the FLT apply only if it's out of stock?

The hdmi 22 potition cable on the link, do i put one end on the board, and the Other end in the Gimble/GoPro hdmi connector?
This is strictly the connector for the film ribbon connection on the gimbal's top board. This does not connect directly to the camera.

If the ribbon is ripped near the camera, the only option is to splice the ribbon. Not part of my skill set, I tried and failed miserably...

This is probably a question for Mouser but Im betting someone here can explain the following ;
the part details shows;
item is IN STOCK and also shows FACTORY LEAD TIME 12 WEEKS. Does the FLT apply only if it's out of stock?
The "what if" you need more than in-stock quantities or specific packaging.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo