Gimbal Debacle Commentary

Believe or not I have not returned my Solo but that has all changed after seeing all of the problems that the select few with Gimbals have posted. The disappearance of 3DR is another red flag.

Believe or not I have not returned my Solo but that has all changed after seeing all of the problems that the select few with Gimbals have posted. The disappearance of 3DR is another red flag.

Disappearance from where?

Keep up the daily pressure on them, I did for about a week straight. UPS notification from our friends in Hong Kong around midnight last night...

Here's my issue. I'm really unhappy with how 3DR is handling this whole gimbal issue but I can't find grass greener on the other side of the fence. No way was I going to go with a phantom with seeing all the issues they are having and what users are saying on their forum. My idea was that I could go with an inspire (I want to be able to upgrade a camera when new ones come out like solo can) but with the lack of smart shots (they are getting some but not follow me and not as smart/simple as 3DR) plus the HORRIBLE customer service that comes with DJI leaves me stuck. Its 6 in one hand and a half dozen in the other. I do feel once the gimbal is out to EVERYONE and the small bugs that have showed up are worked out this may be a product to stick with. Until then I can't really see an option that will be truly better. Make inspire as simple/smart as my solo has been and ramp up their CS and then we're on to something. Until then I'm going to sit back and wait, its only right since I was one of the guys late to the game (August 18)

Got the goods, but they forgot the free battery.

I'll call they tired ass every day until we're square.

Reactions: 1264_Solo
Ordered May 15 direct from 3DR. I've gone to calling once a day, have been for last five days. Today was the first day I got the same story two days in a row.

Next up, figure out how to remedy the fact they charged me twice for the whole order. $829, twice. I'm waiting for tracking number before attacking on that front.

Thanks Troy
I preordered from 3DR 4/30 and have the gimbal in my hands. I agree with Troy's frustrations. Love the concept, execution certainly needs work....hope it does not sink this great concept. Seen product releases for over 30 years and have helped startup companies...often the norm....often not refered to the cutting edge but the bleeding edge for that reason. No excuses, no flame just IMHO....

Looking forward to flying the Gimbal this weekend. (Troy should've been hand deliverd a few assembled COMPLETE Solo/Gimbal kits with all the work he has put in)

Ordered a Gimbal direct from 3DR today so lets see how long it takes to get here, been waiting for what feels like forever and watch Best Buy / Frys have them on Monday morning....
Nice to see Colin chiming in about the delay.....

11150852_10102726206183006_103375286655337123_n.jpg

Ordered a Gimbal direct from 3DR today so lets see how long it takes to get here, been waiting for what feels like forever and watch Best Buy / Frys have them on Monday morning....
Nice to see Colin chiming in about the delay.....

11150852_10102726206183006_103375286655337123_n.jpg

"Nice to see Colin chiming in about the delay....." Hmmm. But wouldn't you think with all of the negative Solo comments flying around on the boards, with the avalanche of posts from frustrated and dissatisfied customers, with the spotty history of product delivery and "official" communication, we would get something better than an off-hand Twitter blurb? And despite the weak mea culpa, you can't help but notice a tone of surprise in his remark "wow". Shouldn't this guy, off all people, NOT be surprised by a customs delay? I would like to think, and hope, that someone at 3DR is all over the shipping thing and that they have a plan to deal with delays such as this? At the very least, when the gimbals were held up, officially declare it to the Solo community and reassure us that it is being handled. Nope. All we get is an under the radar Twitter bit, that for all we know is just another dishonest excuse. So yeah, thanks Colin, for taking 40 seconds to confirm that you have no clue as to what is going on.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hi All!

Completed the Hero 4 Black update. New Solo update. I can confirm from bench test:
1. You CAN start/stop the hero from the red button on the flight screen.
2. You CAN use the gimbal controls to move the camera...the slow move A/B is awesome.

People, this bird is getting AWESOME!! (Sorry, broken foot so will take a few more day until I limp out and fly it!)

... Pic is worth a thousand words? jpg attached: 3 Axis Gimbal, Fuerte Tactical Backpack for Solo, FPVLR, etc

Attachments

• 3DR Fuerte Tactical Case- FPVLR.jpeg
    3DR Fuerte Tactical Case- FPVLR.jpeg
    285.2 KB · Views: 30
Reactions: fpvsteve and Raybro
Today I received an email from BH photo telling that they would be receiving the gimbal at 09/21/2015. And from that date they would be sending me! Another entirely month without gimbal again! It´s impossible... I dont know what to think anymore

Reactions: Michael Stevenson
Today I received an email from BH photo telling that they would be receiving the gimbal at 09/21/2015. And from that date they would be sending me! Another entirely month without gimbal again! It´s impossible... I dont know what to think anymore
I have an order with 3dr that they are checking on now as of yesterday and they say best buy will have them this coming week sometime according to 3dr customer advocate. Didn't realize customer service is 24/7 now, that's at least a step in the right direction. I know it sucks but their slowly getting things together it seems. I had a early pre order than cancelled cause best buy, now ordered again and will probably end up at best buy for the gimbal before I get my pre order again. Theirs finally light at the end of the tunnel, we'll see how 3dr is now that things are getting caught up.

I hope they put an upgraded battery out soon too, I'm going to need more batteries soon after the gimbal and more flight time would be nice. I know I'm at least not seeing anywhere near the flight time expected so far and that's without the gimbal. Only thing is if this battery is 150 bucks, the upgrade may be too expensive.

Fry's says the same thing - 9/21

Now you see people that was all high and mighty about 3DR complaining.

I like the solo, yet I hate the way they make business.

I have two batteries missing (free one and other I paid for) they have been telling me for two months this friday...

How many delays for the gimbal, I ordered from them, was one of the first to get one and yet until last second they had no idea of anything. If 3DR was my company I would fire every single person at the supply chain deparment, they are useless.

Let's not start with the delayed functionality... I mean seriously come on, people usually is smart and understand, go and comunicate with people, don't let rumours and missinformation go rampant, so I gues if it was my company the external comunication deparment or public relations would be fired too.

I ordered directly from 3DR on 4/28. I FINALLY received shipping notification. It's sitting in Louisville, KY right now. I am sitting in Nacogdoches, TX. From here, I have a 3 AM pickup, go to Dallas, then Mount Pleasant and Jack, AL for Wednesday delivery. After that, I should get a load to Socal. So, let's see who gets to Socal first, me or the gimbal. (I don't live in socal, but my SIL does and we get by there more often than anywhere so I had it sent there)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig