Gimbal Debacle Commentary

3dr pulled there facebook widget at the bottom of their site. PR firm has pulled the plug on bad press.

I'm giving it a week. No gimbal, no more Solo. Getting fed up with the lack of information, and misinformation. I'll hold my nose and get a P3.

3dr pulled there facebook widget at the bottom of their site. PR firm has pulled the plug on bad press.

I think it is the beginning of the end for 3DR. They appear to be circling the drain.

Really, still on the "3DR gets the benefit of the doubt" bandwagon? The man paid his nickle, so he get's his say whether you like it or not.
40,000 nickels to be exact....

And was leader of that bandwagon for 3 months.... The band is breaking up and the ships sinking.....

Ordered May 15 direct from 3DR. I've gone to calling once a day, have been for last five days. Today was the first day I got the same story two days in a row.

Next up, figure out how to remedy the fact they charged me twice for the whole order. $829, twice. I'm waiting for tracking number before attacking on that front.

Thanks Troy

40,000 nickels to be exact....

And was leader of that bandwagon for 3 months.... The band is breaking up and the ships sinking.....
Haha, and it was your early enthusiasm that convinced me to get on board with the solo. Caveat emptor brother, caveat emptor...I'll make some room in the life boat for the both of us.

Haha, and it was your early enthusiasm that convinced me to get on board with the solo. Caveat emptor brother, caveat emptor...I'll make some room in the life boat for the both of us.
Me too! Troy was very instrumental in my decision to buy Solo. So now I blame this debacle on him! Haha! Troy owes me 40,000 nickels. ;)

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Yea I made up my mind long ago I'd keep it but it's like they want us to take it back. I don't know what to do, I love my solo and there's nothing else like it so far. I won't buy a p3 cause my p2 does all I'd use it for and looks identical but I've never seen such an unorganized disaster. Delay to improve I'm ok with, every employee saying something different I'm not. Somebody here's lying and it's not every retailer you partnered with. At least be believable and blame China cmon folks.

Dji has to be loving this somebody finally came out with a much better multi and seems they all decided to go fly it rather than take a big piece of their pie from them.

Wtf 3dr time for gimbals or at least good reliable info.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoodnNuff
Just want to point out - yes I am still here and I decided to stick with Solo - the RC market in general seems to have a shortage of product this time of year. Every flying season I find myself waiting - and waiting and waiting and waiting - to receive models and parts... Waiting to receive my TOYS. Preorder, back order, not in stock ... I end up buying last year's gear at a discount because it's too time consuming to chase the current gear. I preordered a nitro engine in May and forgot about it....

That said, I haven't forgotten about Solo but I am still waiting for my free preorder battery and for the gimbal...None of this is unfamiliar and I suspect 3DR is subject to the same import delays as say Horizon Hobby. I did however expect more from 3DR because of the intensity of their marketing.

I've downgraded Solo from TOOL to TOY. I enjoy flying Solo and have experienced a few glitches but overall it's a great TOY... Solo is useless beyond ripping around the RC field, demonstrating RTH and pulling stills from jello.

3DR is welcome to change my mind but I am over being frustrated over a TOY

Just got off the phone with 3DR managed to get a tracking number today. Waiting for tracking number by email. Hopefully have it before the weekend. Still no battery yet.

I have no reason to complain since I ordered in August but I'm really not a fan of what 3DR is doing. I'm just wondering if maybe I made a wrong choice, maybe the inspire was the way to go. If the inspire had all the smart shots and DJI wasn't a disgrace to customer service it would be an easy decision.

Troy is absolutely right IMHO about the order in which people that ordered the gimbale should receive it. Especially if they were told to order it from B&H. IF I have resellers that are not representing the solo name by taking care of the loyal customers who spent their money months and months ago I would want to get to the bottom of it. Just like I would try and stand by the promises I made no matter what the cost or at least be very forth coming about what is really going on. Because of all the bad press you need people like Troy who take the time to get the "Great " word out about Solo. He has taken a lot of his personal time promoting solo at which im sure hes not getting paid to do. Its almost a slap in the face when he is being told some of the information that he stated in his video. My message to 3DR is it doesnt matter how good your product is it only takes a few bad seeds to spoil the pot especially right now. Those that go the millionth mile for you, might deserve a little more appreciation from on your part. Dont get me wrong I am very grateful to have ordered my gimbal on aug 15 and received it yesterday straight from 3dr but I do believe that first come first serve should prevail.

ps. Is there a way to check spelling? An english major IM not.,...

Troy is absolutely right IMHO about the order in which people that ordered the gimbale should receive it. Especially if they were told to order it from B&H. IF I have resellers that are not representing the solo name by taking care of the loyal customers who spent their money months and months ago I would want to get to the bottom of it. Just like I would try and stand by the promises I made no matter what the cost or at least be very forth coming about what is really going on. Because of all the bad press you need people like Troy who take the time to get the "Great " word out about Solo. He has taken a lot of his personal time promoting solo at which im sure hes not getting paid to do. Its almost a slap in the face when he is being told some of the information that he stated in his video. My message to 3DR is it doesnt matter how good your product is it only takes a few bad seeds to spoil the pot especially right now. Those that go the millionth mile for you, might deserve a little more appreciation from on your part. Dont get me wrong I am very grateful to have ordered my gimbal on aug 15 and received it yesterday straight from 3dr but I do believe that first come first serve should prevail.

ps. Is there a way to check spelling? An english major IM not.,...

"I am very grateful to have ordered my gimbal on aug 15 and received it yesterday straight from 3dr"

WHHHATT???
So 3dr on 4/16 would not take any pre orders and re-directed to B&H and others and now I'm told next month???

whoa...

After receiving 2 defective Solos at the beginning and now with GimbalGate, it's becoming clear that 3DR is run by Nigerians. This is the most creative scam on 2015.
It's just exhausting getting your hopes every week. I've lost out on so much business and am now wondering.... how much longer can I wait for this gimbal? Pre-ordered on 4/15 and 141 days later... no notification. *sigh*

Reactions: timzee and JonW
I bought a solo from BB the first week of June, thinking the gimbal would be out a week or two later. But no ..... Now, the solo sits on a shelf while I fly a new white thing that's much more dependable. The solo is still fun to fly, but I can't think of a single reason to get excited about, or to buy, a gimbal.

Reactions: Michael Stevenson

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986