Gimbal Adapter Board.

Reaction score
I have designed a PCB to interface with the gimbal cable. It breaks out things for all pins of the gimbal cable, VBAT, 5v, uart, usb OTG, control signals for a Feiyutech Mini3D. I would like to implement a way to intercept the uart message and turn it into a gimbal PWM signal(s) instead of soldering in a mod wire and remapping the channels in mission planner. Let me know if this is a functionality everyone would like.
-Thomas

Attachments

• 88810D26-A427-4B65-AC1C-12AD20AC4EE0.jpeg
    88810D26-A427-4B65-AC1C-12AD20AC4EE0.jpeg
    93.7 KB · Views: 44
  • 3F950C0B-21CB-46B4-BE1D-2297BC5C7071.jpeg
    3F950C0B-21CB-46B4-BE1D-2297BC5C7071.jpeg
    105.5 KB · Views: 43
Reactions: 渡口玩飞机
Well I suppose this is a good place to start. Have many people converted from the stock gimbal to the mini3d?
Many people aren't comfortable soldering for fear of dry joints or ruining other components during the process.
Some could only see this as being a positive way forward.
Good luck

Well I suppose this is a good place to start. Have many people converted from the stock gimbal to the mini3d?
Many people aren't comfortable soldering for fear of dry joints or ruining other components during the process.
Some could only see this as being a positive way forward.
Good luck
I could turn these boards for about $30 each (in a small run) fully populated, meaning virtually no soldering involved. I just think until someone comes out with a drop in replacement gimbal (which might never happen) this is the only way to allow us to innovate for the Solo.

I'll be honest, I'm fairly new to the solo scene. I got into them last year but have been flying dji for years and self builds running pixhawk. I just got hooked on the Solos and love them. So much so the Mavic Pro with all the bells and whistles, being a fantastic machine, it doesn't get the runs it used to.
I've just been buying them up on ebay to stock the batteries. The Solos are not as popular in Europe as they are in the US. So a lot harder to get good deals.
I see them going for chips in the US.
P2P and the betas have really out done themselves with the new FW and the more I get into it the more I see how much time and effort has gone into making this happen. It's incredible.
So I appreciate when new ideas are brought up, that they have a had a lot of time and effort put into them to make things better.
The thing would be to see how many have the mini 3d and I suppose build to order.
I'm not ready to jump to the mini 3d but when I do I would for sure be interested in your board. I don't mind soldering and hardware works and am well versed in that area. But it's always good to have a dedicated component upgrade fit for purpose.
Stay positive and you'll always move forward and progress...
Good Luck..

I have designed a PCB to interface with the gimbal cable. It breaks out things for all pins of the gimbal cable, VBAT, 5v, uart, usb OTG, control signals for a Feiyutech Mini3D. I would like to implement a way to intercept the uart message and turn it into a gimbal PWM signal(s) instead of soldering in a mod wire and remapping the channels in mission planner. Let me know if this is a functionality everyone would like.
-Thomas
How are you taking orders? I'm quite interested.

How are you taking orders? I'm quite interested.
I’ll buy ones for myself soon. Beautiful
Anyone Wishing to order one can email me at [email protected]
Subject line: Gimbal Adapter Order
They are $30 and once I get a confirmation for the order, Ill take paypal and get your shipping info etc. Im glad people are interested in implementing new gimbals!

*** Just for clarification, this board will not make your gimbal work like the OEM one. This simply breaks out the connections for i.MX6 USB connection, MAVLINK 4 serial connection, BAT voltage, 5 volts, and a few headers to allow you to solder your PWM wire to if you so choose, but this board DOES NOT generate any PWM signals.

Interesting...

I'm def interested but having a IQ of around Forrest Gump I'm not quite sure in layman's terms what the purpose of it is.

Will it allow us to control the GoPro like the stock solo Gimbal?

I have 2 solos with the aftermarket cheap knockoff Gimbal that work moderately well {soldered to the infamous pin 14} and 3 with the original Gimbal that work great. ..

Just waiting for someone to write the code to start a swarm.. For cheap that is...

Doug

Interesting...

I'm def interested but having a IQ of around Forrest Gump I'm not quite sure in layman's terms what the purpose of it is.

Will it allow us to control the GoPro like the stock solo Gimbal?

I have 2 solos with the aftermarket cheap knockoff Gimbal that work moderately well {soldered to the infamous pin 14} and 3 with the original Gimbal that work great. ..

Just waiting for someone to write the code to start a swarm.. For cheap that is...

Doug
Sorry doug this is not your solution. There is no support for doing what the stock gimbal did as the software was never released. The closest we have is the STorM32 gimbal controller but even that is not 100%. When that works with Solo, I will rev this PCB to integrate a microcontroller that converts the serial signals to something a regular gimbal can understand. This board solves the problem of no cable or PCB being available to get access to the signals and power that are available at that non standard connector. I have put some headers for you to be able to attach the infamous pin 14 mod and turns it into the connector for a feiyutech mini.

Sorry for the ignorance, but I just saw this and I hadn't heard about the mini3d before. Is there a reason people are using them or would have switched from the stock gimbal?

Sorry for the ignorance, but I just saw this and I hadn't heard about the mini3d before. Is there a reason people are using them or would have switched from the stock gimbal?
Nope, just something I use and it doesn’t have to be for that gimbal only it just happens to work with that best ?. Doesn’t seem to be a particularly popular option at least for solo. But it’s a super nice light weight gimbal

Nope, just something I use and it doesn’t have to be for that gimbal only it just happens to work with that best [emoji16]. Doesn’t seem to be a particularly popular option at least for solo. But it’s a super nice light weight gimbal
Ok, thanks for the info

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421