Geology explorations...advice needed

Reaction score
I am using the 3DR Solo to compliment surface landscape photos and higher altitude airplane photo platforms. The concept is to provide a portfolio of images for geology and landform education. All images will be geolocated for satellite maps and GIS indexing. I am an experienced photographer and airplane pilot, but a novice UAS Pilot.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the 3DRPilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in 3DR quadcopter’s. If your new to RC aircraft be sure to read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.
Enjoy!

Speaking in broad strokes here...

Use Tower from the Google Play store to create a survey mission. See
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I use 80% for overlap and sidelap. Tower will trigger the camera to fire when it needs to in order to get the coverage you specified, using the altitude and speed.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
is a great video on geotagging. The first method described (using the time logs and the photo EXIF) isn't as accurate and the second method where you select points on the tool and tie them to a specific photo. For this method it's best to plan some turns over a distinct feature.

This is a pretty broad answer and is really just a starting point.

Good luck.

It really sucks that GoPro didn't have GPS with Hero 3 & 4, and when they did finally come out with geo-tagging in Hero 5, the camera isn't supported by Solo.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc