From Pixhawk Developer and GPS hardware choice..

I get from Hong Kong sellers on eBay think there's only 1 or 2 selling the 7N.

There used to be a glitch a long time ago switching between GPS units but the last I saw that had been fixed, that was probably a year since.
ya either one in the picture i post right? which one u pick?

i also attached the pic of my 550 quad...i dont think i have spare space for second gps..so if run just one 7N is it safe? if running single gps should i use 7N better or M8N is better?

those gps i purchuse is not able to change the setting...so is those 7N from ebay is ok to use?

thx so much

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1452384195525.jpg
    FB_IMG_1452384195525.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 20160103_222928.jpg
    20160103_222928.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 3
The one on the left is the one I have (with the triangle). On a mast the M8N should be fine, then again so will the 7. If you were just going to run one you could try the 8, just keep noisy components away from it.

i bought CUAV M8N gps just now...it use HMC 5983 compass (seldom saw this in the market)

will compare which one is better...cause i wonder the M8N i got from hobbyking is defacted product...

by the way do i need to config the gps before use on 3dr Pixhawk? how to config? can i do it via Mission Planner? or i need to get a special cable connect the GPS directly to the computer? where can i get that cable? can i copy Marco's GPS setting he metion ealrier in this post?

anyone can give me some idea? thx so much

sorry marco said this

Reset "M8N" to the "U-Blox" default, save the parameters then repower the unit.
Then set your M8N gps with the following configuration parameters:
PRT (ports): UART 1 -> Protocol out- UBX
Baudrate: 38400
RATE (Rates): Measurement Period 200 ms (5 Hz)
NAV5 (Navigation 5): Dynamic Model - Airborn 4G
Fix Mode: 3 - Auto 2D/3D

Everything else at default.

in this post Copter: twitches in flight if using Ublox M8 · Issue #2097 · diydrones/ardupilot · GitHub

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela