>> FREE << leg extenders for all Solo users who have registered

There's no doubt this is the most confusing product I've personally ever seen launched. I've seen worse products for sure but a worse or more random launch of a product, I'd have to say solo takes the cake on both counts.

If anyone who ordered doesn't follow these forums I'm sure they have absolutely no clue what's going on. I do and I still have no clue what's going on half the time.

......and then I go fly this bird and I really don't care. I've never been in a rush for any stage of this quad. I'm loving every flight. I'm not a professional photographer so gimbal today or next month doesn't mean a rip to me.

Yea I'm very exited about solo I love it, but for some reason this has been the first product that I've followed so closely and I feel like a kid waiting on Christmas morning again.

That's all cause how great the product is otherwise we wouldn't care so much but it has been a bumpy road.

I'm there with ya. I'm compelled to watch the forums each day....and fly each weekend.

Honestly I think things would have gone smoother if the entire company spoke no English and just went at it minus an interpreter. It seems that at least at times the silence was a better strategy than each employee saying something different. I was anxious when they went silent but overall silence would be an improvement in a few cases. Sorry I'm kinda working whining in here but it's another one of those days and we've had far too many of those days all summer long now.

Still in love with my solo but I hope 3dr keeps improving and proves to me that I was right initially and it's just been a rough road for em lately.
Most startups, won't admit anything even close to a problem! " too many investor checking things"
Ask 3DR, they'll say "No problems" just a minor hic-up... :p

I'd like it if someone (even 3DR on thingiverse) has a 3D printable file of these. I could print some myself if so. Ideally they release some CAD files for people to work off of...Getting the exact dimensions for the existing body isnt so easy but could enable user created add ons so much simpler.
As for the lanyard its not too hard to make one yourself. a soft belt or cloth with a keychain loop...
I'll forgive 3DR for not seeing in advance that the clearance for the feet wasnt gonna let the camera calibrate in grass or anything other then a solid flat surface.

Nice. I'll check it out and see if I can make it a foldable design so it'll fit into my backpack.
we might also be able to carve out a deeper hole to let them fit...
Ideally we could somehow apply a rubber aspect to dampen the landings...
Also I just noticed the curved aspect for backpack. Good idea!

Last edited:
Sweet! That was just a first design. let me know if you need the file in an another format. I believe just the .stl is on thingiverse.

Theres a product called sugru that if one left a small groove could be applied to add some impact resistance. That or a commonly available gasket to fit over a redesigned foot. The main issue will be how well it snaps and stays in place on the existing legs.

Yes you guys were right. My lanyard was in the mail yesterday. Should have checked before I posted my question since everybody was getting theirs.

Does anybody know if we will be sent just one color of leg extension ..or a pack of 3 or so of multiple colors ?
This guys got jokes a three pack would cost em at least 25 cents, cmon that ain't how freebies work even with decent companies and thousand plus dollar items.lol

Beside has anybody seen any other colors but the one 3dr type extensions, only colored option I've seen was those relish ones that were twenty something bucks plus shipping.

I'm just guessing though we could be pleasantly surprised for our wait, I doubt it though. Hint, hint 3dr customer advocates watching, I know at least one of you is in the forum under a normal profile.

Most startups, won't admit anything even close to a problem! " too many investor checking things"
Ask 3DR, they'll say "No problems" just a minor hic-up... :p

Unfortunatley I think this investor situation has contributed to the confusing and misleading info that's being pushed out by an otherwise good honest company up to this point. Sure it pleases the investor but the investor doesn't realize what pleases them to hear may cost them sales overall if the info is misleading for their benefit.

Unfortunatley I think this investor situation has contributed to the confusing and misleading info that's being pushed out by an otherwise good honest company up to this point. Sure it pleases the investor but the investor doesn't realize what pleases them to hear may cost them sales overall if the info is misleading for their benefit.
Some times I wonder what they mean by "free enterprise"
Only in America.

Sent from another dimension using my Nexus 6

I registered my Solo on 8/21 and am still waiting for the Lanyard, received my Gimbal on 9/2 from 3DR, so there's nothing else I need to do to get the leg extenders?

I registered my Solo on 8/21 and am still waiting for the Lanyard, received my Gimbal on 9/2 from 3DR, so there's nothing else I need to do to get the leg extenders?
Nope but I'll happily trade ya my lanyard, leg extenders and 400 bucks for your gimbal.

No I registered 6/13 or so and lanyard just came so you'll see yours and your extenders sooner or later. May come together it should be soon at least the lanyard comes from 3dr in California so it won't get "held up in customs" like our gimbals. I've not got the 3dr extensions but bought some for under 10 bucks shipped from a guy here with a printer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado