Free extra battery story

Reaction score
so what is the story with the free extra battery... Does anyone know? I have heard and read so many things related to if you bought/ ordered before a certain date then you should be offered a free battery because of the delay in shipping. I can't seem to get a straight answer. I ordered mine directly from 3DR on June 16th and finally got my solo at the end of July. I've heard nothing related to the free extra battery.

so what is the story with the free extra battery... Does anyone know? I have heard and read so many things related to if you bought/ ordered before a certain date then you should be offered a free battery because of the delay in shipping. I can't seem to get a straight answer. I ordered mine directly from 3DR on June 16th and finally got my solo at the end of July. I've heard nothing related to the free extra battery.

I'd call them and raise some hell as the longer you wait to contact them the longer you'll wait to receive that free battery.

Heck, I'm still waiting on my free lanyard ;)

Yes if you ordered the Quad before July 15th you were eligible for a free battery. My Free battery didnt arrive until the end of July. Although I ordered it through a Canadian dealer. Just waiting on the gimbal now. I registered my quad with 3DR and saw the free lanyard blip there, but I did'nt get a thank yo for registering or anything so im not sure if i will get a free lanyard or not! That would be great though!!

Where did you hear that if you ordered by July 15th you should be offered a fee battery? I have heard the same thing. In fact it was one of the reasons that I ordered when I did but I can't remember where I saw that originally and I haven't seen that explicitly written anywhere except on the forums here. Has anyone that ordered after June 15th received a free extra battery? I'm just trying to find out what to cite in my communications with 3DR customer service.

It was pretty clear at the time. All the retailers were posting it! I saw the give away and I placed my "Pre Order" for the Quad at the time (July 3 2015). They said due to back order and shipment issues they were offering a free battery. So when the Solo finally arrived at my house, there was no free battery. So I emailed my retailer and asked where is my free battery and how come it didn't ship with the SOLO and they just said that they didn't have them yet and would ship it ASAP. and then one week later i received my battery. So if you purchased after July 15 then im sorry but your probably SOL.

I tried to find the posting but all retailers have taken down the add for obvious reasons.

i pre ordered my solo from BH camera on april 20.
they said i would get a free battery.
when i found a solo at bb i bought it and cx my order fron BH.
last week i got a solo battery from BH.
i called them and they sent me a return lable and i sent it odd yesterday.

I was able to get my free battery when I picked up my Solo from Best Buy. I didn't have to wait.

Reactions: Toiletbowl
Lucky me was not aware of a free battery, suddenly got the email that my extra battery has been delivered, even thigh it 2wks after the drone Arrived. Guess I ordered early June and got it 5wks later

ok... that just makes me mad. I bought my solo direct from 3DR on June 16th. I had seen on the websites of other vendors that if you ordered before June 30th that you would be receiving an extra battery with your solo. That was one of the reasons that I placed my order when I did. I know that it was taking a long time for people to receive their drones so I thought maybe I would get it faster from 3DR directly. This was the response I got from 3DR customer service.

Regarding the free battery, there is a misunderstanding the free battery was offered for customers that they had they're SOLO shipped delayed not the GIMBAL, The free battery doesn't apply for you sorry

Best regards

Leonardo Sanz

3DR Customer Advocate

I think it's about time to start a separate section specifically for "3DR butthurt"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feamador