SOLD: Two upgraded Solo systems, with extras

Reaction score
Website
www.aerialwhidbey.com
Please read the attached pdf for details. Asking $325 for everything except the batteries. Not parting out, so please don't ask. You pay shipping from the Seattle area.
The 8 batteries are older and add shipping weight, however if you can meet up at the Mukilteo WA ferry terminal to pick up everything, the batteries are yours at no charge.
Send a PM if you want to see a brief, recent video of each Solo hovering in my backyard.

Attachments

• 2022-10-24 Solo systems for sale.pdf
    80.7 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_7536.JPG
    IMG_7536.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Shipping by UPS is the least expensive. Send me a PM (private message) on this website with your address, and I'll find the total cost (state one of the 6 zip codes for Southfield). I am not a "contract hazmat shipper" as defined by UPS, so I'm not interested in trying to ship the 8 used Solo batteries.

Also do you have the wifi passwords to both drones and cameras?

Solo system AW1
  1. The SoloLink Network ID is SoloLink_AW1
  2. Password for drone AW1 is dronespeak
Solo system AW5
  1. The SoloLink Network ID is SoloLink_441F67
  2. Password for drone AW5 is dronespeak.
    (The default 3DR factory reset password is 'sololink'.)
"Before flying, make sure the GoPro’s Wi-Fi is OFF! Hold the button on the side." (Likewise, leave WiFi OFF on the MAPIR camera.)

(If needed when the GoPro is not on a Solo gimbal, the default GoPro password is 'goprohero'. I usually skip using WiFi, and remove the microSD card to transfer files. The MAPIR probably has no password set. Startup is different then with a GoPro. To use the MAPIR Survey 2 Camera - NDVI Red+NIR, turn it on before inserting it in the modified gimbal. Insert it and push in the end connector. Solex should show what the MAPIR camera is seeing in near-infrared. Just before launch, tap the camera's top button to start video recording.)

When powering up either Solo, use the recommended Solex app, and be sure to wait for the message "Downloaded 512 params". Attached is the Parameters list, none of which should be changed unless you know why and how.

A brief startup procedure:
  1. Place the Solo out in the open, on a level surface, and away from buildings and metal objects.
  2. Make sure the GoPro is powered OFF, then insert it in the gimbal and fully insert the end connector.
  3. Power on the Solo, and wait for the beeps to stop.
  4. Power on the remote controller, and wait for the Solo to connect.
  5. Power on an Android tablet or phone with the Solex app, and turn up the sound to hear messages.
  6. Open the Solex app.
  7. Tap in the upper right on 'WiFi' to see then select the SoloLink Network for that drone system.
  8. Wait for the message "Downloaded 512 params".
  9. Tap the airplane icon to see what the camera sees.

Attachments

• GoPro Hero 4 Black Settings.txt
    345 bytes · Views: 1
  • GoPro Hero4 Black UM_H4Black_ENG_REVA_WEB.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • Solex-App_User_Manual.pdf
    219.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Solo Parameters.txt
    8.8 KB · Views: 0
Does the MAPIR have the ability to take normal pictures.
And does it work with smartshots

Does the MAPIR have the ability to take normal pictures.
And does it work with smartshots
When the MAPIR is in the modified Solo gimbal, it must be manually triggered just prior to launch, to start a video clip or a time-lapse sequence of near-infrared photos. There is no normal Solo gimbal interface to the MAPIR (as there is through the connector on the back of a GoPro), so the camera gimbal will not raise or lower during a Smart Shot. The drone's position in the air can be controlled as usual, and the gimbal can be raised or lowered manually with the controller, as usual.

I think that each Solo has one of the following upgraded GNSS receivers from mRo (detects GPS and GLONASS sats). I'm not going to disassemble to check. None of my 5 Solo systems have the original Solo GPS receivers or interference shields. All were upgraded for get better locks on more satellite signals.

gps001-mrmRo GPS u-Blox Neo-M8N / 3DR SOLO Upgrade (New)
gps001-mrmRo GPS u-Blox Neo-M8N / 3DR SOLO Upgrade

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo