Follow needs gps lock from my mobile device??

Reaction score
i trie follow in an area that is somewhat remote. Solo had lock but when i activated follow, it began twitching and acting like it had no lock and the message, "waiting on mobile device gps lock" sounded out. So, follow only works if my phone has gps lock?

i trie follow in an area that is somewhat remote. Solo had lock but when i activated follow, it began twitching and acting like it had no lock and the message, "waiting on mobile device gps lock" sounded out. So, follow only works if my phone has gps lock?
That is correct. GPS lock on Solo is no good, because it can't 'Follow' it self. You will need to have GPS on your phone/tablet.

So does the device need to be in range of a phone service for this to work or does the device snapshot where it is when in range and does self calculations if it goes out of range?
The GPS device (phone/tablet) does not need phone service at all. But needs to stay within WiFI distance of Solo, as that is how the device is sending it's GPS position to Solo. Solo then uses that positioning against it's own position to determine where it should be as defined by you when you initiated the command.

Correct me if I am wrong though only Tabs and phones that are on a phone network have the GPS ability?
I assume you are talking about Apple products? If so, I believe that is true except for some of the latest models. On android, most all phones and tablets have GPS.

Okay it's handy to know about both products I have an Andriod Tab S 8.4 and it's wifi only and I tried follow me with that and it didn't work, but I could have been doing something else wrong. I had the Map downloaded anyway will keep at it.

Play with your location settings John, I set mine to 'device only' and the Solo app can see the GPS and "follows me" just fine. Took a bit of of trial and error but it worked out in the end.
You'll get there. Follow me is jerky if you are traveling slowly, ie walking, as solo moves forward incrementally in starts and stops, but as soon as you travel at a decent speed (cycling for example) it works well.

Yes I only tried it once will get a bit more practise , the jerkiness I have seen in a demo it was following a car and it worked well at speed although the training footage looks ok with Colin jogging I love the way you can go into orbit with a follow, I have a spot down here where I could try that.

Hi, I found this year-and-a-half old discussion thread, but it relates very well to an issue I am presently having, so I'll re-start it. I am trying to use Solo's Follow mode with my Moto G Play phone connected via wifi, but keep getting a "waiting for mobile device GPS" warning (with accompanying bonging sound!). Initially I had the phone GPS set to "High Accuracy" but experienced long pauses in connectivity, during which Solo hovers. It intermittently reconnects and Solo lunges to catch up with me, then comes another long pause/hover during another bonging session.

After reading Roland's comment above, I re-selected the phone's GPS to "Device Only" (instead of "High Accuracy"). The trouble is that as soon as I hit the "Follow" button, the phone GPS resets itself to High Accuracy and the bonging error message returns. I keep resetting it back to Device Only, but it just snaps back to High Accuracy as soon as I hit the Follow button again (with more bonging warnings)!

Does anyone know how to make the phone GPS setting stay on Device Only for the duration of a flight?

[QUOTE = "John in Iowa, post: 115300, member: 12583"] Hola, encontré este hilo de discusión de un año y medio, pero se relaciona muy bien con un problema que estoy teniendo actualmente, así que lo haré. reiniciarlo Intento utilizar el modo de seguimiento de Solo con mi teléfono Moto G Play conectado a través de wifi, pero sigo recibiendo una advertencia de "esperando el GPS del dispositivo móvil" (¡con el acompañante sonido de bonging!). Inicialmente tenía el GPS del teléfono configurado en "Alta precisión" pero experimenté largas pausas en la conectividad, durante las cuales Solo se desplaza. Se reconecta de manera intermitente y Solo se lanza para alcanzarme, luego viene otra larga pausa / vuelo estacionario durante otra sesión de bonging.

Después de leer el comentario anterior de Roland, volví a seleccionar el GPS del teléfono como "Solo dispositivo" (en lugar de "Alta precisión"). El problema es que, tan pronto como presiono el botón "Seguir", el GPS del teléfono se restablece a Alta precisión y vuelve el mensaje de error de bonging. Sigo restableciéndolo de nuevo a Device Only, pero simplemente vuelve a High Accuracy tan pronto como presiono el botón Follow nuevamente (¡con más advertencias de bonging)!

¿Alguien sabe cómo hacer que la configuración del GPS del teléfono permanezca en el Dispositivo solamente durante la duración de un vuelo? [/ QUOTE]
Tengo el mismo problema con el mismo teléfono y vengo en busca de respuesta para solucionarlo

[QUOTE = "Christopher Schlumpf, publicación: 25657, miembro: 1601"] Seguiré en un área algo remota. Solo tenía bloqueo pero cuando activé follow, comenzó a moverse y actuar como si no tuviera bloqueo y el mensaje, "esperando en el bloqueo gps del dispositivo móvil" sonó. Entonces, ¿seguir solo funciona si mi teléfono tiene gps lock? [/ QUOTE]
[QUOTE = "Angelitobloon, publicación: 132663, miembro: 14157"] [QUOTE = "John in Iowa, post: 115300, member: 12583"] Hola, encontré este hilo de discusión de un año y medio, pero sí relaciona muy bien con un problema que estoy teniendo actualmente, así que lo haré. reiniciarlo Intento utilizar el modo de seguimiento de Solo con mi teléfono Moto G Reproducir a través de wifi, pero sigo recibiendo una advertencia de "esperando el GPS del dispositivo móvil" (¡con el acompañante sonido de bonging!). Inicialmente tenía el GPS del teléfono configurado en "Alta precisión" pero la experiencia de las largas pausas en la conectividad, durante las cosas Solo se desplaza. Se reconecta de manera intermitente y Solo se lanza para alcanzar, luego se hace otra pausa / se estacionario durante otra sesión de bonging.

Después de leer el comentario anterior de Roland, volveremos a seleccionar el GPS del teléfono como "Solo dispositivo" (en lugar de "Alta precisión"). El problema es que, tan pronto como presiono el botón "Seguir", el GPS del teléfono se restablece a Alta precisión y vuelve al mensaje de error de bonging. Sigo restableciéndolo de nuevo a Solo dispositivo, pero simplemente vuelve a Precisión alta tan pronto como presiono el botón Siga nuevamente (¡con más advertencias de bonging)!

¿Alguien sabe cómo hacer qué la página del GPS permanente en el dispositivo? [/ QUOTE]
Tengo el mismo problema con el mismo teléfono y vengo en busca de respuesta para solucionarlo [/ QUOTE]
I have the same problem with the same phone and I come x answers to solve it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danny5150