Follow me

Gus

Reaction score
Is there some way to get Solo to follow me without taking the controller?
I want Solo to follow me while I surf or climb a vertical rock wall and cant carry the IPhone + Controller. Is there an accesory bracelet like in the Air Dog ??

It uses the gps in your phone. So in theory, as long as your phone has connection to the controllers wifi signal then you could just slip the phone in your pocket. it would probably work, but, Someone should ALWAYS have the controller in their hand just in case. So if that is not you it should be someone else watching you.

Thanks for your answer. I dont know if its technically possible, but woldnt it be a great accesory a bracelet with the necesary electronics so that Solo could follow the user ?

Thanks for your answer. I dont know if its technically possible, but woldnt it be a great accesory a bracelet with the necesary electronics so that Solo could follow the user ?
Technically it would still function the same it would just be a bracelet instead of your phone. But it would still need to be in range of the controller since that is what is providing the data link to the copter. Wifi radios in things like a wearable or a phone tend to be pretty weak with short range due to the battery drain it would cause to be more substantial. While not impossible they would have to change the fundamental communications of the system and you would be limited to the range of the wearable. Probably like 300feet away on a good day.

Last edited:
I don't have an android 'wearable device' but I believe the Tower app says that you can use a wearable device as the target for the 'follow me' mode.

I would believe that Solo should work the same way, but not owning one, I don't have any experience on how it actually works, nor what distance to expect.

Remember the wearable device needs to be able to communicate with your Solo controller, not the Solo bird. Then the Solo controller communicates with the Solo bird to tell it where to fly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986