Flight times with Gimbal...??

Reaction score
For all the fortunate ones that have their Gimbal already, what flight times are you seeing. I have heard a few rumblings of only 12-15 minutes. I know it will depend on flight behavior but just trying to gauge an average.

For all the fortunate ones that have their Gimbal already, what flight times are you seeing. I have heard a few rumblings of only 12-15 minutes. I know it will depend on flight behavior but just trying to gauge an average.

I'm pretty conservative as far as flying goes as the video is more important to me than speed. The half dozen flights so far with the gimbal have been around 12 minutes-- BUT I typically land as soon as the battery percentage gets down to 25%.

Haven't pushed it beyond that point as some previous crashes with the Phantom 2 due to battery issues are still too fresh in my mind.

wow the gimbal takes quite a big chunk out of the battery life

Yea that's about what I'd expected since mine before gimbal are a ways below what's advertised, however at least wel probably have an upgraded battery option in the next couple months I'd guess.

By @timzee info. the answer is 18 Min. with Gimbal & camera running.
I also, RTH & change batteries at 25% sometimes only 10% left.
I just return a battery that would drop charge in only 6 min. of use. Being 400ft high & 1500ft with battery dropping fast, makes me cautious.

Last edited:
Reactions: Adimuzio513
By @timzee info. the answer is 18 Min. with Gimbal & camera running.
Nice how low you running your battery and what were you getting pre gimbal, I'm usually seeing right around 18 mind without my gimbal most times.

I'd be great with 18 mins with gimbal regaurdless of the settings.

I'm thinking I'm getting way less. I can't qualify that yet at my first two batteries were dashing around the yard with the gimbal in amazement testing some modes. Did more hovering and pushing buttons than usual Didn't look at flight time but landed both under 10pc. I'll make note tomorrow flying normally.

I'm thinking I'm getting way less. I can't qualify that yet at my first two batteries were dashing around the yard with the gimbal in amazement testing some modes. Did more hovering and pushing buttons than usual Didn't look at flight time but landed both under 10pc. I'll make note tomorrow flying normally.

you dont want to run your battery down to lower than 25% that often. it'll reduce its lifespan.

Is that for sure? Normally don't. Had an hour after gimbal turned up before dark and rain. Wanted to test it before tomorrow's scenery flights :)

Is that for sure? Normally don't. Had an hour after gimbal turned up before dark and rain. Wanted to test it before tomorrow's scenery flights :)

Yep. Well basically there are two things you shouldn't do with lipo batteries. First is to not run it that low and the 2nd is to not leave it fully charged for long periods of time. (more than 1 week).

Otherwise you'll see your battery capacity drop down to half in no time. It'll still show 100% but your flight time will be reduced dramatically.

Hmm. I know with my rc cars i have low voltage cutoffs built in, so you never get there. I'd never thought I'd get close with solo since running out in the air is mostly bad. But with all the smart battery and smart tech I'd assumed the low voltage cutoff was below zero on solo? Does it say 10pc in the manual or somewhere ?

Hmm. I know with my rc cars i have low voltage cutoffs built in, so you never get there. I'd never thought I'd get close with solo since running out in the air is mostly bad. But with all the smart battery and smart tech I'd assumed the low voltage cutoff was below zero on solo? Does it say 10pc in the manual or somewhere ?

it wont go below the dead zone but still you'll be stressing the battery pretty hard and might risk the battery going flat midflight. been seeing a few cases of that happening on the "other" forum.

I just checked the video that I took, it was 14-15 mins long and I landed at 10%. My batteries are already weaker too they start around 93% at full charge.

With or without Gimbals we can be hurting are batteries running them below 20-25 %
Here is some good info from 1 of are prestige members @Ian [P13]
We talked a little bit on how low should we run are batteries before any damage to batteries.

I flew 3 times yesterday with the gimbal and landed when the voice spoke 25%, that put me just above 13 min on all three flights. I didn't see much of difference with the gimbal as far as battery time. I've got 4 batteries, the newest came the same day as the gimbal. I've been traveling and not having time to fly. Yesterday was the first flight in a month because I made time to fly on the road. I received the gimbal 3 weeks ago. All in all my flight time has never been more than 15 Minutes, one time in high winds I took it to 10% and believe that was the longest 15 minute flight. The gimbal performed flawlessly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44