First action shoot with airplane

Zzz

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I make bush flying films, am new to quadcopter flying but had avoided pulling the trigger on a drone until the Best Buy deal appeared. I'd never even heard of Solo before. But I love this thing! I'm excited to learn about the extensibility and open source projects underway that I've seen reference to. I found this guide via the development area here. Is there a guide somewhere on here as to what open source projects exist and the transition to community contrib?

Here's my second flight and first action shots of an airplane; little rough but I'm learning. I'm lucky to have friends who will burn gas for me while I experiment.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Had some jello result in some of the footage, whereas most was jello-free. In some of the shots there was about a 6 knot crosswind, depending on the orientation of flight. I assumed perhaps this caused additional vibration, hence the jello?

The auto takeoff and auto land function is pretty nice, and I got cocky about it boasting to my friend how easy it is, so the last scene is an outtake of accidentally taking off again as I fat fingered it.

Last edited:
No doubt on the communication.

My nephew flies, was taken "under the wing" of many older fliers. Seems a band of brothers from the stories that he tells. I do recall him saying tail sitters were tough to fly on the ground....but you learn.

Again thanks for the share, it was an interesting perspective that will be rarely seen.

All very cool stuff, Zzz. I dig Bush planes and bush flying. Totally rad perspective. Can't wait to see more.

Reactions: Zzz
That's what I'm talking about! Great manned-unmanned teaming and video. Keep 'em coming.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks