Firmware 1.3 Pros & Cons

I only record to the GP not to the tablet as I want good quality video without the artefacts. You still see what the camera sees on your tablet while recording. I have not flown while recording with pal on v1.3 just tested while on the ground.
Thats all I need to know, thanks @scriffij

Joe
Thanks for the useful information re video distortion and recording.

On another note. I voided my warranty today after several flights where the GPS took forever to get lock and then lost it when a bee farted nearby. I put a piece of cardboard in between the copper tape and the GPS board. The Copper tape was stuck to the back of the GPS battery, battery terminals as well as the ublox chip and other circuitry - the cardboard isolated this from happening. When I put it all back together again and tested - presto. I got 8 sats locked in 20 seconds and 10 after 30 seconds. I placed my hand over the GPS and lost a few sats (down to 7) but maintained lock. I will test more tomorrow as too bloody hot here at the moment. If this fixes the GPS problem then 3DR may need to fix this engineering flaw ASAP as 'GPS Glitch" is no longer a valid reason.

Cheers
Can you post a picture please?
So opening up the solo and putting a cardboard shield between the GPS and copper foil will void the warranty?
If you are not sure, call 3DR.

3) video displays well on tablet until you go into a flight mode (selfe etc) then is distorts the crap out of the video on the tablet. not sure why this is - didn't do it before.
4) AND OF COURSE THAT SHITTY GPS that looses lock at the drop of a hat. Seriously, a bird flew past and it lost lock for about 5 seconds. It seams to me that a solution would be to place the antenna on top of the metal housing under the plastic cover. Also using an ACTIVE 32mm patch antenna with LNA Gain and a SAW filter (and possibly using the metal bracket as a solid ground plane to reduce multipath) AND moving to the uBlox M8N would provide a better solution. I speak from nearly 30 years of GPS/GNSS integration into consumer/survey grade systems. I have at least 50 GPS at hand and the only time I have seen a GPS behave like this is when either the antenna is faulty or the coax cable from the antenna to the board is faulty. 3DR needs to stop talking around this with nonsense PDOP/HPDOP blah blah blah and provide a physical modification to the current assembly - its just bad engineering. all this claptrap about the M8N being to sensitive is primarily due to crapy antenna. All my millimeter accurate Survey Grade GNSS use multi constellation and I have no problems - why, cause they have decent, well designed, antennas. Come On 3DR!

I've experience both of these in 3 test flights....I'm sending in my logs; I've never experienced the loss of GPS like I did since making the update. I've also not experienced the choppy feed before either. Every update I actually like less than the previous.

My video quality from Solo to my iPad mini got noticibly worse after the update. Very choppy at short distances.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dachl