FAA, this is not what I signed up for.

We have F numbers, my name did not show up in searching, we never had to enter a model or brand for our UAS.....

....this article is so full of misinformation its almost criminal, just another example of the media trying to scare the uninformed public

I'm in there. My friends are in there.
Aircraft owners have always been searchable via N numbers, but the FAA specifically said this wouldn't be the case with drone owners.

They'd have to have my drone in their physical possession and open the battery compartment to see my registration number in order to look it up. Not sure how it's searchable unless they have an actual reg number to look up. They don't know which drones I have and they didn't ask, either. When the article says you can search by drone type/manufacturer...I imagine that's only showing results for 333 exempt pilots? I haven't filed a 333 but I assume they are ask more specific questions like the manufacturer/uav type/etc.

I'm in there, but not under my 333 exempt filing name/business name.
Frankly, I don't care about the info being out there; my UAV's aren't kept at my home. I do care that the FAA didn't abide by their word.
Did you also register using the "hobbyist" registration? If so, I didn't think 333 holders needed to do so.:confused:

Did you also register using the "hobbyist" registration? If so, I didn't think 333 holders needed to do so.:confused:

If one is part of a group/corporation that files for a 333, individuals that want to fly for recreation outside of the group 333 are required to register, or so we were advised.

Reactions: Maddog
If one is part of a group/corporation that files for a 333, individuals that want to fly for recreation outside of the group 333 are required to register, or so we were advised.
Ok, That makes sense. I thought the 333 was in your name.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela