FAA 107 prep courses

Reaction score
Has anyone used or would recommend any of the test prep courses? I see them offered for different prices, just wondering which ones are really good. I'd really like to learn the material, not just pas the test.

...and yes, i know i could read the FAA stuff, but that's like watching snails race.

I used the gold seal flight school part 107 FAA Part 107 Ground School. It was excellent and I passed the FAA test. My dad is a commercial airline pilot and he told me I needed to pay for a flight school program instead of self studying. This one was the cheapest one I could find that looked professional. It's the company that sells flight training for years in Sporty's pilot shop. I liked the looks of UAV Coach but it was outside of my budget and they didn't necessarily have a background in the aerospace industry. There is a promo code floating around the internet for $50 off of $200 so make sure you do a Google search. I think I found my code on diy drones. The course was very well presented.

I used the remote 101 video series for a quick introduction
you get bogged down quick in airspace and traffic, so then I went to the 5 dollar prepware app on my phone. Allowed me to take practice tests anytime I had 30 minutes or so. I did 3 or 4 practice tests a day, until I was scoring in the mid to upper 90s. I passed with a 93
best 5 bucks you can spend

Reactions: Mike Holfield
I think all of those prep courses are a waste of money.

Used nothing but FAA provided materials and passed on the first go.

Nothing earth- shattering. Pass the practice exams and you're good to go.

Reactions: Saijin_Naib
I think all of those prep courses are a waste of money.

Used nothing but FAA provided materials and passed on the first go.

Nothing earth- shattering. Pass the practice exams and you're good to go.
I made use of the 3DR Part 107 prep materials and the FAA materials as well.

Many can certainly pass the exam with nothing but FAA provided materials. Many are also taking practice exams until they have them memorized because they are from a bank. I needed an outlined course to follow because I dont do well self studying. I feel I got a better grasp of the material than I did after a few months of picking through the FAA stuff and YouTube vids. You definitely can approach this based on your own study habits and knowledge retention.

Reactions: Mike Holfield
Remote Pilot 101 is offering 20% off. Use rp20 as the code.

Many can certainly pass the exam with nothing but FAA provided materials. Many are also taking practice exams until they have them memorized because they are from a bank. I needed an outlined course to follow because I dont do well self studying. I feel I got a better grasp of the material than I did after a few months of picking through the FAA stuff and YouTube vids. You definitely can approach this based on your own study habits and knowledge retention.

Thank you for the way you put it. Yes, i need a little more details/outlined way to LEARN it, not just pass it. Just passing it won't do you a heck of a lot of good if you're ever involved in a lawsuit

the people calling the videos useless are just cheap
no you dont need them.
But if you have a full time day job, videos have a place. I used it to bust through the initial learning curve fast. So it saved me a lot of time. Thus worth the money I spent.
They have a place, if you dont want to spend the money, and you have lots of time to go the free route sure it works.

Reactions: Wetstone
They are very efficient. They convey the most information in the least amount of time.

I have! For my law exam. Those test papers were offered by Bar Review Courses and I enjoyed every bit of it during the courses. Today, I am studying in one of the best law schools and I am proud of myself. You need to look harder for the test-papers online and you will be able to find it.

The renewal test is shorter than the original test. Only 40 questions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M