Drones ground firefighting aircraft

Reaction score
Another story of a few idiots ruining it for the rest of us. In Calif. today, a wildfire jumped across I-15, and set several vehicles on fire. As aircraft were dropping water on the vehicles, 3 - 4 drones were spotted in the airspace, and forced them to ground the firefighting aircraft. Why can't these people fly responsibly, and quit reflecting their idiocy on the rest of us? Just my thoughts.......

Yea wish there was a way to ground the idiots before we all get banned or restricted because of the few idiots. They really just need a common sense or Iq test of some kind to even buy or fly one, maybe a quick license test of sorts at purchase. It's sad it needs to come to that but I'm sure most of us who are being responsible wouldn't mind the few minutes it would take to at least show these law makers were trying to keep stupid out of the air. Sadly it's just going to get worse with popularity and I'm sure wel end up with restrictions before anything like this would even have a chance to go into affect.

Another story of a few idiots ruining it for the rest of us. In Calif. today, a wildfire jumped across I-15, and set several vehicles on fire. As aircraft were dropping water on the vehicles, 3 - 4 drones were spotted in the airspace, and forced them to ground the firefighting aircraft. Why can't these people fly responsibly, and quit reflecting their idiocy on the rest of us? Just my thoughts.......
You can bet it was the same news agencies flying them that will end up throwing us under the bus with an accident

Reactions: Adimuzio513
You can bet it was the same news agencies flying them that will end up throwing us under the bus with an accident
yeah i saw this on the news this morning.
realy bad when fire dept can't do it's job because of some morons.
luckey nobody was hurt but several cars and trucks were burned.

yeah i saw this on the news this morning.
realy bad when fire dept can't do it's job because of some morons.
luckey nobody was hurt but several cars and trucks were burned.
The last report I saw showed the fire department's efforts were put on hold for 26 min. until the drones cleared the area. The drone operators were never found.

NASA is working on an air traffic control system for drones.

http://www.engadget.com/2015/03/12/drone-air-traffic-control-system-excelis-nasa/

I am hoping this will show location via GPS and something like Globalstar (like Spot GPS transmitters). That way, they can know where they are, and who owns them. Unfortunately you have to count on (and account for) dimwitts like this or we will all get grounded...

This solution would not be free wheeling like it is today, but much better than a complete ban...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dachl