Drone is one hobby that gets boring fast.

When Best Buy started the fire sale on the Solo around Thanksgiving 2016, I jumped in. At first, it's a fantastic feeling seeing the drone hover like it's hung by an invisible rope in the air, selfies, follow me, and then the wide angle scenic videos by gopro 4S and 4B then everything got boring. The boredom is also experienced watching drone videos posted by other people on youtube. I could only watch at most half minute of drone video on youtube.
I bought 5 solos, a dozen gimbals, a dozen batteries, a bunch of props, 3 backpacks, made quite some awesome mods on two solos. Three solos are still NIB. And there's not much else to do to see. My Solos have been idling, collecting dust in the garage.
Meanwhile, I'm back strumming my twenty guitars, acoustic and electric.
sorry but you're a band wagoner. You started this for the wrong reasons if you already put it down.

If you do vacation videos like I do take your drone with you...it will add a whole new dimension to your movies. Going to a music festival? See if you can take your drone there. You can have fun with the drone....doesn't have to be a full time hobby.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey if drones aint for you more airspace for us who still enjoy this hobby no matter how long we been in it or how much frustration we've been through. As someone looking to start an aerial photograghy business the "boringness" of drones to certian people just means less competition for me:) I'm glad the OP finds joy in music, but I dont think any of us that have had to fix Solo's &$%#&$%-ton of issues would say we ever find this boring, we're enjoying ourselves! However frustration that little bit of gimbal shake might be, or those lenses that are never perfect, or you gopro doesnt work perfectly, or your m8n gps install went horribly wrong, I enjoy every part of it. A few decades down the line I'll be able to say I was involved in the new dawn of unmanned flight in 21st century, got a 107 UAS pilots license the first week they were available.
If you ever plan to sell your stuff OP, we'll gladly give you a good deal for it:) I saw brand new solo props for $100 on ebay the other day!

Most "true artists" can appreciate various art forms be they Music, Performing Arts or Visual Arts (Paintings, Sculptures, Photos, Videos, etc.) I personally got bored with Piano lessons after several years, but I can still appreciate the art form.

I'm sure there will be people out there who will think your Guitar playing sucks as well?

Oh yeah... I'm going to see Joe Bonamassa in a few weeks. A real guitar virtuoso.

He is awesome, love his music!

Reading the original post was more boring for me than nikono's flying hobby...
The original poster was right...drones are boring...VERY boring. I think I flew mine a total of four or five times before I admitted to myself I had wasted my money. My stepson used to take his to work every day and fly it in the warehouse. He took it everywhere he went and flew it every chance he got for a couple of months; then it got boring. He sold it for almost nothing. Mine sits in a box covered over with old junk. I'll probably give it to my nephew for a present --maybe he'll use it for a week or two before he gets bored with it. I don't see how anybody could maintain an interest in this silly hobby.

Still better if you keep it even though your not using it that much. You never know when you need it again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986