DJI Manifold Computer platform for Drones...

"This means your aerial platforms will not only be able to sense the surrounding environment, but also identify objects and respond in an instant. "

Isn't this what Skynet used in the beginning?

Reactions: Burkeam
catch up time
3DR has already stated their on board computer has plenty of capacity to run computer vision as well as other logic controls. Really the catch up is on DJI at this point, the Solo is the benchmark for the Matrice, of a different form factor....$3800 versus $1000 for Solo or $600 if just bird is required....

I really think Solo was developed solely for the "Made for Solo" initiative rather than a consumer product. We consumers funded or "kick started" the Solo development by buying production units and Beta testing the issues. Sure there is a consumer market and it will be maintained, but the main focus is furthering of commercialization for the PixHawk platform.

Research and development is needing a RTF to provide flight to their research projects. Economics will be a factor for many R&D programs, when we start to get into the 100's of birds in flight under one control management system. These programs will have to prove in real time their efforts...which was recently proven by Naval Postgraduate School using the PixHawk as an example. So DJI has a tremendous amount of catching up to do....like completely rebuild their flight controls.....for the required layer of abilities.

And you thought I was just worried about camera vibration and motors....;)

3DR has already stated their on board computer has plenty of capacity to run computer vision as well as other logic controls. Really the catch up is on DJI at this point, the Solo is the benchmark for the Matrice, of a different form factor....$3800 versus $1000 for Solo or $600 if just bird is required....

I really think Solo was developed solely for the "Made for Solo" initiative rather than a consumer product. We consumers funded or "kick started" the Solo development by buying production units and Beta testing the issues. Sure there is a consumer market and it will be maintained, but the main focus is furthering of commercialization for the PixHawk platform.

Research and development is needing a RTF to provide flight to their research projects. Economics will be a factor for many R&D programs, when we start to get into the 100's of birds in flight under one control management system. These programs will have to prove in real time their efforts...which was recently proven by Naval Postgraduate School using the PixHawk as an example. So DJI has a tremendous amount of catching up to do....like completely rebuild their flight controls.....for the required layer of abilities.

And you thought I was just worried about camera vibration and motors....;)
We are part of it and that's a good thing!

Reactions: RichWest
Mapping platform. Camera??
CTAtZJjUkAAwDHi.jpg:large

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso