Design an armor for 3DR solo

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I wonder if someone had already think about create à soft case for 3DR solo.
An additionnal foam around the shell could absorb a part of an eventual impact without add a lot of weith.

But there is some technicals issus :
First how many mm of foam add to the shell ?
How to model the foam arround the solo shell ?
If we reinforce the arm of the solo, the part under the propeller will be more thick, how this thickness impact the performances of the propeller ?
If we reinforce the high of the shell, what happen for the GPS ?

What did you think about this project ?

Last edited:
The current she'll is already tough and rarely damaged. I don't think the extra weight would be worth any potential advantage.

Im intrested if someone make a cover for the battery. A bright color so it wont absorb heat from the sun and help keep solo cool during flight

Reactions: Solo Keith
Im intrested if someone make a cover for the battery. A bright color so it wont absorb heat from the sun and help keep solo cool during flight
I would try to wrap, paint or cover the surface of the battery with some type of reflective material. Aluminum foils comes into mind very lite and very reflective, though I don't think it would look very nice unless you take the time to make it look like a perfect mirror like surface.;) Also just thought about it arts and crafts shop sell mirror surface plastic sheets for deco, that also might work. NOTE to self check out my local arts and crafts store:rolleyes:

thats right chrome film or paint its cheap and easy to apply:D and will really cool

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44